Queueing at Chatsworth

GodivaNige replied on 24/12/2016 07:08

Posted on 24/12/2016 07:08

Arriving at Chatsworth yesterday at 1305 we joined the back of the usual queue to check in. The Warden came along to say hello as normally happens... did we have a good journey? Where have we come from? etc etc. All very friendly. He went on to tell us it makes a change not to have abuse hurled at him for being made to queue and that he fortunately has been blessed with a thick skin so he's happy to man the radio along the lane, on busy days.

More than half of the arrivials on any given day give him much grief for not being allowed to head straight for the courtyard. Obviously not regular contributors on this forum, this wouldn't happen would it? However, it seems there are some Caravan Club members who do need to get a grip eh? 

Merry Christmas, chill ;-)

nelliethehooker replied on 05/01/2017 21:04

Posted on 04/01/2017 22:08 by Kennine

Yes is the answer to your question NTH

Cheers:............K

Posted on 05/01/2017 21:04

Wish I could take my outfit to the places I like to visit, but many of the roads are only just broad enough to for a car. 

How are you liking your M/H, BTW?

JVB66 replied on 05/01/2017 21:27

Posted on 04/01/2017 21:59 by GodivaNige

Ha ha, yes

Quite how highlighting the plight of wardens being greeted by grumpy caravanners in a queue has evolved into this debate is somewhat bewildering and yet amusing at the same time.

Still, everyone knows best, let the greater good continue to challenge the rules the CC have in place.

Posted on 05/01/2017 21:27

The rules that are in place have evolved over decades of club site usage,are are put in by Members of the club who have volunteered to sit on the Executive Commitee to help run the club on the behalf of all members ,and the only way they will be altered is by a vote by the membership to the said commitee

replied on 05/01/2017 23:19

Posted on 05/01/2017 23:19

That is how clubs work of course

vulcan558 replied on 18/01/2017 20:22

Posted on 24/12/2016 14:14 by Wherenext

Actually, I blame the appalling education system. It's obvious that many Caravan Club members cannot read, otherwise this sad state of affairs would never happen. They would be able to read their emails confirming times of arrival and departure and also the guides that are sent to all members. I count myself fortunate that I am able to read and therefore arrive after the earliest time of arrival allowed, although usually I find myself having to choose from a smaller selection of pitches due to the non readers grabbing them before me. But I have right on my side and can act in a superior manner to them.innocent

Merry Christmas to one and all

Posted on 18/01/2017 20:22

Aye wherenext I agree completely with what you say though it seems to me that its not the reading thats the problem, its having a brain big enough to understand what they ARE reading thats their problem!!

brue replied on 19/01/2017 15:34

Posted on 19/01/2017 15:34

So all those with big brains and good at reading arrive at the correct time of 1pm. What is the difference between a queue before or after 1pm? A queue is still a queue. What is the best way to throughput everyone quickly to reduce the queue on a narrow road and keep grumbles to a minimum?

smile

Wildwood replied on 19/01/2017 23:13

Posted on 19/01/2017 15:34 by brue

So all those with big brains and good at reading arrive at the correct time of 1pm. What is the difference between a queue before or after 1pm? A queue is still a queue. What is the best way to throughput everyone quickly to reduce the queue on a narrow road and keep grumbles to a minimum?

smile

Posted on 19/01/2017 23:13

I think Chatsworth is a bit of a one off. Due to the restricted access at the entrance any sort of a queue will prevent people driving out so the current system is vital.  This needs to be written in capital letters in the handbook, the website and booking confirmations.

Geoff Cutts replied on 21/02/2017 17:26

Posted on 21/02/2017 17:26

We drove past the entrance to the Chatsworth site at 12:55 today, Tuesday Feb. 21st. Caravans and Motorhomes were queueing right out onto the road causing traffic hold ups. Not a great advert for the Caravan and Motorhome Club. Why can't members follow simple rules? The one way route just inside the entrance was blocked by queuing caravans so nobody could enter or leave. With main road traffic being affected is it time to enforce the rules and turn away members who arrive before 13:00?

Fisherman replied on 21/02/2017 17:33

Posted on 21/02/2017 17:33

Was there any sign of anyone leaving or was this just another example of  "No entry whatever before 1pm. Flexibility  is the name of the game.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook