Recommendations please

Grandad Golfer replied on 17/02/2021 08:38

Posted on 17/02/2021 08:38

We want to go on holiday late July/early august. Does anyone know of a site that has statics as well as touring pitches. Near the sea, dogs allowed, Southwest England or Norfolk / Suffolk. Thanks 

Wherenext replied on 17/02/2021 16:55

Posted on 17/02/2021 16:55

I can only assume that you after a static park as well as touring because you intend to have family or friends staying in one of the statics.

If there is some other reason then Church Farm Holiday Park situated in Aldeburgh, Suffolk, about 100 years from the sea front has a very good touring area but the statics are not for hire.

www.churchparkfarmaldeburgh.co.uk

Bakers2 replied on 17/02/2021 17:34

Posted on 17/02/2021 16:55 by Wherenext

I can only assume that you after a static park as well as touring because you intend to have family or friends staying in one of the statics.

If there is some other reason then Church Farm Holiday Park situated in Aldeburgh, Suffolk, about 100 years from the sea front has a very good touring area but the statics are not for hire.

Posted on 17/02/2021 17:34

Can you define a year in relation to distance from the sea please? 🤔

Freddy55 replied on 17/02/2021 17:37

Posted on 17/02/2021 16:55 by Wherenext

Posted on 17/02/2021 17:37

Would that be light years or...? laughing

Wherenext replied on 17/02/2021 17:44

Posted on 17/02/2021 17:34 by Bakers2

Can you define a year in relation to distance from the sea please? 🤔

Posted on 17/02/2021 17:44

Smart a**e.smile

The tide comes in a long way.

Yards not years! Memo to self. Stop rushing ( I was checking something on the stove).

EmilysDad replied on 17/02/2021 23:48

Posted on 17/02/2021 23:48

I'd have thought that ANYWHERE that's open would be suitable .... do we know that sites will even be open properly this summer

moulesy replied on 21/02/2021 19:59

Posted on 21/02/2021 19:59

Tollgate Farm, an easy stroll down to Perranporth beach  (but a lung bursting slog back up wink) has pods as well as touring pitches. Dog friendly,  pets corner for the grandchildren and almost next door to the golf club!  Haven't stayed on it ourselves but it always seems very popular. smile

DSB replied on 28/02/2021 23:16

Posted on 17/02/2021 08:38 by Grandad Golfer

We want to go on holiday late July/early august. Does anyone know of a site that has statics as well as touring pitches. Near the sea, dogs allowed, Southwest England or Norfolk / Suffolk. Thanks 

Posted on 28/02/2021 23:16

I guess it depends on what you consider to be 'near the sea'.  Our site of choice for Cornwall is Globe Vale, just outside Redruth.... it's about 3 miles from Porthtowan.  It has static and touring pitches, plus a small pub on site that sells food.  Close to the A30, so you can get anywhere really.  Tescos in Redruth, and Camping/ Caravanning shop at Scorrier for any equipment you need.

I agree with the lost above that says the best beaches for dogs are on the Roseland, which is a bit of a drive... the other side of Truro.  Perranporth beach is dog friendly (although it gets really busy in high season) as are parts of Hayle beach, but not the very accessible parts.

Globe Vale isn't the cheapest of sites.... but then neither are most of the sites in Cornwall in high season.  Should you book Globe Vale,  and if dates coincide, come and say hello.... we'll be on pitch Serviced A22....

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook