Separate bookings to make a week

Fozzie replied on 08/09/2020 09:06

Posted on 08/09/2020 09:06

Much has been said about how busy the sites are becoming,especially now the children are back at school.

I have just managed to extend a site stay by booking separate bookings to make a week.(I already had the weekend booked) I was waiting for the Wednesday to become available to complete the week.So I have one booking for the Monday/Tuesday, one for the Thursday to Saturday and One for the Wednesday.

Will this cause potential issues when booking in,I have attempted to contact the on line chat service,even that came up with " I am not sure about that question". and "There is no one available "for that question.

I have not contacted the site yet.

One good point is all bookings are on the same type of pitch.It goes to show that keeping an eye on the "Late availability" facility does pay off.

DavidKlyne replied on 08/09/2020 09:24

Posted on 08/09/2020 09:24

It can cause a bit of extra work when you book in. The best option is to ring the site and they should be able to combine the days under one booking. I did that when did the same at the Blackpool site. The site staff sent me a pdf file confirmation by email.

David

JillwithaJay replied on 08/09/2020 09:43

Posted on 08/09/2020 09:43

Agree with David.  I've done it on more than one occasion and the site staff usually say it's best to speak directly with them.  I'm in that situation myself at the moment as I'm waiting on one night becoming available to add to my Christmas booking.

mbee1 replied on 10/09/2020 08:37

Posted on 10/09/2020 08:37

I don't bother trying to combine them. Generally the site staff will either combine them when you check in or you just go and pay for the additional nights on the morning the first booking expires.

DSB replied on 17/09/2020 00:35

Posted on 17/09/2020 00:35

It shouldn't be a problem.  I'd just explain when you get there.  As pitches are not allocated but are chosen on arrival, once you have chosen your pitch initially, you just stay on your pitch for your whole stay - no need to move unless you have chosen different pitch types.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook