Choose Charity

Harley Camper replied on 08/11/2013 20:47

Posted on 08/11/2013 20:47

Our local motorbike club has in recent years supported the local Air Ambulance as our chosen charity. We are looking at supporting a different charity for 2014 - if you had a choice what charity would you choose to support?Smile

Oneputt replied on 20/09/2019 08:18

Posted on 20/09/2019 08:18

For animals, RSPB, Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs

For Mankind, Legion, Scout Association, SSAFA, Breast Cancer and various local charities

brue replied on 04/10/2019 11:34

Posted on 04/10/2019 11:34

Easyfundraising, choose a charity and when you spend on line hopefully the retailer has opted in and a percentage of your spend goes to your chosen charity.

eg mine goes to a local RSPCA, I have raised more than £130 over the last few years, the pennies add up, even local schools can benefit. I support other charities as well. smile

here's the >LINK<

Wherenext replied on 16/10/2019 20:31

Posted on 16/10/2019 20:31

Thanks for the link Brue. Didn't know about this although we don't do a great deal of online shopping. I'll have a good browse when we get home from current trip.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/10/2019 10:48

Posted on 18/10/2019 10:48

The other day I had an odd incident with Just Giving which I use a lot for donations as I can do it anonymously. The local Hospice sends out raffle tickets every so often which I can't really be bothered with but I send a donation to cover the cost of the tickets. I also opt for Gift Aid as it boosts the amount giving by quite a lot.  Had a message from Just Giving saying that the Gift Aid had been rejected. It turns out that because I had put in the reason box "In Lieu of Raffle Tickets" the filters had rejected it as there are strict rules on money only coming from a tax paying individual rather than any other source. Too late to change it now so I will have to be more careful in future!

David

moulesy replied on 18/10/2019 11:20

Posted on 18/10/2019 11:20

Small charities benefit more than the big nationals from individual donations.

So can I suggest both the Cinnamon Trust and Pets As Therapy as the sort of charities which benefit both humans and animals as worthy recipients of any support. smile

Metheven replied on 08/12/2019 14:55

Posted on 08/12/2019 14:55

Most and any during the year when coming across a charity box.

Annually we support animal charities and forego presents to one another for that purpose, this year it's the turn of 'Lucky Hedgehog Rescue' near to us.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 10/12/2019 08:29

Posted on 08/12/2019 14:55 by Metheven

Most and any during the year when coming across a charity box.

Annually we support animal charities and forego presents to one another for that purpose, this year it's the turn of 'Lucky Hedgehog Rescue' near to us.

Posted on 10/12/2019 08:29

I’ve seen them out in HullCC & I donated at monument bridge that was the last time. Good cause too👍🏻

Tinwheeler replied on 10/12/2019 09:16

Posted on 10/12/2019 09:16

I’d like to put in a word for the National Animal Welfare Trust who have rescue centres in several locations in the south of England and do sterling work in rescuing and rehoming animals. They’re a little cash strapped at present and may have to close their Somerset centre🙁.

https://www.nawt.org.uk

Moulesy has already mentioned my other favoured animal charity - The Cinnamon Trust👍🏻

brue replied on 10/12/2019 10:47

Posted on 10/12/2019 10:47

TW. That will be our local Heavens Gate NAWT who are in difficulties, they also run boarding kennels. I see quite a few former "residents" enjoying a new life around here. 

Our local hospice is under threat too, I don't know how that will resolve but it's surprising how much can be raised from charity shop donations and purchases generally. In support of the hospice shop yesterday I bought an unused shiny black Le Creuset kettle for my daughter and partner at Christmas (I hope they like it!?wink)

In view of the RSPB concession going from the club that's another one to think about. We've been members for years and will continue to be. smile

Tinwheeler replied on 10/12/2019 13:01

Posted on 10/12/2019 13:01

Yes, Heaven's Gate. We have been there and it’s quite a big centre. Our Boy came from their Cornish centre and we help them with food donations from time to time.

Similarly we donate in various ways to help our local hospice and it’s sad to hear yours is struggling, Brue.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook