No Room at the Inn (or anywhere)

DavidKlyne replied on 22/12/2019 12:05

Posted on 22/12/2019 12:05

Just a thought for all those people who have no where permanent to live and are often living on the streets. Many charities both local and nationally will be trying to help these people over the Festive period. Not only will they provide food and shelter but they will also try and support them in other ways to try and help them find a way out of their predicament. This is an all year problem but I suppose it comes into sharper focus at this time of the year. For many years I have supported Crisis (formally Crisis at Christmas) not only because I like what they do but also to support of a colleague who used to volunteer to help. There are many ways people can help and probably the most basic is the offer a coin to the local Sally Ann collection often found in your local shopping centre at this time of year, it all helps.

David

brue replied on 31/12/2019 11:41

Posted on 31/12/2019 11:41

This might be a helpful web site if you have concerns about anyone sleeping rough. It enables your information to go forward and help someone in need.

>STREETLINK<

Firedragon replied on 04/01/2020 10:04

Posted on 04/01/2020 10:04

My eldest daughter spent xmas day with her friends serving hot food to the homeless in Canterbury.

Sadly these days we get beggars shipped in every morning to spend their days on the streets of our local towns, no-one knows where they come from or where they go at night, but the same faces crop up in different towns (they are obviously being spread about) and they make no attempt to talk to anyone just sit huddled in blankets with begging bowls. 

Alison

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook