Alan aka Twitch

Oneputt replied on 29/08/2018 13:26

Posted on 29/08/2018 13:26

it is with great sadness that I have to tell you off the passing of Alan Rowley aka Twitch.  Alan fought a 6 year battle with illness.  Although I never met Alan we used to correspond occasionally and of course chat on CT I feel the loss of a someone I considered a friend.  

My thoughts and prayers are with Meryl and the family.  RIP Alan

Pliers replied on 29/08/2018 16:52

Posted on 29/08/2018 13:26 by Oneputt

it is with great sadness that I have to tell you off the passing of Alan Rowley aka Twitch.  Alan fought a 6 year battle with illness.  Although I never met Alan we used to correspond occasionally and of course chat on CT I feel the loss of a someone I considered a friend.  

My thoughts and prayers are with Meryl and the family.  RIP Alan

Posted on 29/08/2018 16:52

What awful news.

I never met Alan either, but also kept in touch with him via email, ever since he left a note on the windscreen of my car at Cley reserve.

How he knew it was my car I will never know.

He was a lovely man, a very knowledgeable birder and a long suffering fan of Bolton Wanderers.

RIP

😢😢😢

Wherenext replied on 30/08/2018 22:03

Posted on 30/08/2018 22:03

How very sad. I emailed Alan quite a few times but haven't heard from him for some time. I was only thinking of him last week as I was reading some notes on Aiguamolls as we hope to go there next year. It was details on this reserve that started our emails. 

I wish we had met. Seemed a really nice person.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook