Dame Vera Lynn - 103 today

replied on 20/03/2020 09:39

Posted on 20/03/2020 09:39

I got Dame Vera's autograph at the back door of the Palladium in Spring 1963. Whilst Angela Roberts, Bruce Forsyth's Assistant on 'Beat the Clock' arrived by taxi and was far too 'celeb' to sign autographs, Dame Vera strolled down the street without a care in the world and stopped to talk to Dad and some Old Soldiers before signing autographs and posing for photos with our 126 film cameras [!]. She was pure grace and class.

I also met Dame Vera at a SCOPE Centre opening a little over 20 years ago, and took the opportunity to get a second autograph. She was, again, quite charming. When she heard about my exploits getting her autograph at the Palladium, she replied along the lines of, 'I'm surprised that people want my autograph once, much less twice ...' with great self deprecation.

Happy birthday, Dame Vera. Any chance of an autograph? sealed

Steve

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook