Our neighbour

Metheven replied on 19/06/2020 15:19

Posted on 19/06/2020 15:19

Our immediate neighbour, OK she was not famous but I only saw and spoke to her the day before her death which happened late last week. She had cancer but was in remission the last I knew but that day she felt a little unwell, the next day she was gone.

I cannot get my head around how quickly this can happen, she died peacefully in her sleep which in my opinion is the best way to go but it's so unbelievable the suddenness of it.

RIP to my friend and neighbour.

Wherenext replied on 19/06/2020 19:06

Posted on 19/06/2020 19:06

A nice thought Metheven. 

We too have lost a few old friends from the street, one of whom we often talk about and miss her zest for life. She was a inveterate Bridge player and played well into her 90s, competitively. Drove her car fast and liked a tipple. What you might call "A Character". These people are hard to replace.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 19/06/2020 22:35

Posted on 19/06/2020 22:35

I agree Meth it is sad, it not only brings the reality of life & death to the fore but gives us a sense of loss too. I used to work for an older lady on her trees & garden, big, big garden. She always toddled thru the village with her wee Yorkie. She had to let her Dog go due to it being riddled with lymphatic cancer then just a few weeks later she too passed on. She’d worked for the village church, sold poppies, visited what she called the ‘elderly’ I never really knew her but I still feel a sense of loss🤷🏻‍♂️. Here’s to all the good people we’ve lost & a hope we will have made an impact on near strangers when we go, just as they have.

ABM replied on 20/06/2020 23:01

Posted on 20/06/2020 23:01

It's a stark reminder, Metheven, that despite the ongoing C19 virus the world is still  rolling on and people are suffering from all the usual ailments and coping as best they can. We can only offer our help and sympathy as we wend our own weary way along life's path.

Your Friend and Neighbour would be pleased to know that you cared enough to post.

Brian

Takethedogalong replied on 21/06/2020 20:07

Posted on 21/06/2020 20:07

We lost a much loved neighbour on New Years Eve, Meth, completely out of the blue. He’s still much missed, such a shock. Heart attack, like you I was chatting with him day before. If you live in a tight little community, it can hit very hard indeed. Good to remember folks, it’s been a very difficult three months all round.

vbfg replied on 25/06/2020 15:07

Posted on 25/06/2020 15:07

What a sad but thoughtful post.  When we turn the news on and hear the dreadful stories, the selfishness and unpleasantness that is going on in the UK and the world in general, it is nice to read a post from  someone who is obviously a caring and considerate person.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook