Sir David Amess

RowenaBCAMC replied on 15/10/2021 16:40

Posted on 15/10/2021 16:40

It was with great shock and sadness that we learned of the passing of Sir David Amess.

The Club was grateful for its long association with Sir David as Parliamentary Advisor; he was a staunch supporter of the UK holiday industry and caravanning, his advocacy was greatly appreciated. Sir David met many hundreds of members and CL owners when hosting the Club's Annual CL of the Year Awards at the Houses of Parliament.

Our sincere condolences are with Sir David’s family, friends and colleagues. He will be greatly missed.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2021 19:19

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:19

Another dark day for the UK, brings back memories of Jo Swinson. No one should get hurt doing their job, no matter what it is. ☹️

brue replied on 15/10/2021 19:41

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:41

I didn't know of his involvement with CAMC, we are privileged to live in a democratic society and some pay a very high price for upholding that freedom. RIP Sir David Amess MP.

moulesy replied on 15/10/2021 19:54

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:19 by Takethedogalong

Another dark day for the UK, brings back memories of Jo Swinson. No one should get hurt doing their job, no matter what it is. ☹️

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:54

I think you mean Jo Cox, TtDA.

It's a very sad day for democracy when any MP loses his/her life while doing their main job of meeting constituents.

All the sadder in the week that another decent MP, James Brokenshire lost his battle with cancer.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2021 20:13

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:54 by moulesy

I think you mean Jo Cox, TtDA.

It's a very sad day for democracy when any MP loses his/her life while doing their main job of meeting constituents.

All the sadder in the week that another decent MP, James Brokenshire lost his battle with cancer.

Posted on 15/10/2021 20:13

Yes, I did mean Jo Cox, apologies. 

DSB replied on 19/10/2021 12:12

Posted on 19/10/2021 12:12

I was absolutely devastated to hear this news.  Sir David was a one time member of the CAMC Council.  I remember back in 2013 when the CAMC Council meeting (then the CC) was on my birthday.  Someone found out and organised a little plate cake.  Unfortunately, the battery went on my phone so I was unable to take a photo for keepsake, but Sir David took a photo and emailed it to me later....  

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook