Black Narcissus

DavidKlyne replied on 30/12/2020 09:25

Posted on 30/12/2020 09:25

This three part series, which ended last night, was billed as the Christmas drama to watch. (probably the only drama to watch!!!)  I do recall watching the old black and white film many years ago but didn't really recall much of the story. I like it when they show a short series over consecutive nights as you don't lose track of the story. I think I was a little bit underwhelmed to be honest. Perhaps in my subconscious I do remember more of the story than I realised? What did others think?

David

replied on 30/12/2020 09:41

Posted on 30/12/2020 09:41

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

peedee replied on 30/12/2020 10:14

Posted on 30/12/2020 10:14

I agree with CY about being draw out but it was still better than all the usual Christmas period repeats. I think all the Channels are scraping the barrel a bit due to the reduction in programme production because of COVID.

peedee

SeasideBill replied on 30/12/2020 10:56

Posted on 30/12/2020 10:56

Stunning photography and sets, but agree it lacks substance as a decent drama. In the absence of new or good drama on UK TV, there’s some excellent stuff on iPlayer (BBC4) DNA, The Bridge, Twin, The Disappearance, Valhalla Murders and Wisting. The Scandinavian stuff is very atmospheric. Great if you don’t mind subtitles. Also, international drama on All 4 Player - ‘Walter Presents’. 

heddlo replied on 30/12/2020 11:33

Posted on 30/12/2020 11:33

We were disappointed with Black Narcissus.  In fact we haven’t watched the last one yet as almost can’t be bothered, OH spent much of time it was on sighing and waiting for something to happen!  The programme we most enjoyed was the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, about a book group during and after WW2, not as deep but enjoyable.  Why it was on mid afternoon I’ve no idea as it would have made a good evening viewing. 

DavidKlyne replied on 30/12/2020 12:05

Posted on 30/12/2020 11:33 by heddlo

We were disappointed with Black Narcissus.  In fact we haven’t watched the last one yet as almost can’t be bothered, OH spent much of time it was on sighing and waiting for something to happen!  The programme we most enjoyed was the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, about a book group during and after WW2, not as deep but enjoyable.  Why it was on mid afternoon I’ve no idea as it would have made a good evening viewing. 

Posted on 30/12/2020 12:05

Don't be put off watching the final episode as that contains more interest than the first two! We also enjoyed the Potato Peel Pie film although I don't think much if any was filmed in Guernsey! 

David

peedee replied on 30/12/2020 13:44

Posted on 30/12/2020 11:33 by heddlo

Posted on 30/12/2020 13:44

It was a repeat.

peedee

brue replied on 30/12/2020 14:09

Posted on 30/12/2020 14:09

As I'd not long watched Gemma Arterton in Tamara Drewe (ridiculous , watchable and funny) I kept looking at her nose...so I only managed the first part of Black Narcissius, it seemed to drag a bit. Nun stories always seem a bit weird, even the Sound of Music!  wink

Cornersteady replied on 30/12/2020 14:16

Posted on 30/12/2020 14:09 by brue

As I'd not long watched Gemma Arterton in Tamara Drewe (ridiculous , watchable and funny) I kept looking at her nose...so I only managed the first part of Black Narcissius, it seemed to drag a bit. Nun stories always seem a bit weird, even the Sound of Music!  wink

Posted on 30/12/2020 14:16

we saw her last night in St Trinians

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook