Countryfile

ggregu replied on 28/04/2019 20:59

Posted on 28/04/2019 20:59

Interesting to see Matt Baker discussing the increased popularity of the 'staycation' in particular caravan holidays. Even more interesting for me to see the two featured locations are both within a couple of miles of where I live. Gibraltar Farm is in the beautiful village of Silverdale with good walks all around. I haven't stayed there but knowing the local roads it would be a very interesting tow!

The second location Red Bank Farm has an amazing cafe, I was there for lunch last Friday! What amused me though was Matt pitching up with his caravan overlooking the bay- the site don't take caravans!! Only motorhomes and tents! 

Tinwheeler replied on 28/04/2019 22:02

Posted on 28/04/2019 21:33 by Navigateur

Who reversed it for him?

Posted on 28/04/2019 22:02

I’m pretty sure he did it himself. He grew up on a farm so was probably reversing trailers long before he left school.

captainslogg replied on 29/04/2019 18:11

Posted on 29/04/2019 18:11

Missed most of the program, but saw the last bit where Adam tucked into a meal cooked by a top chef. He sliced into a cut of meat on his plate and said lovely. They didn't show him put it in his mouth. I would have given it to the dog, that's all it was fit for. The chef had cooked it by singeing it with a blowlamp. Only the outer surface was cooked, the rest must have been raw and stone cold. This fashion for eating undercooked meat is beyond me. Its like the emperors new clothes story.

Rant over

Now let me tuck in to my sushi.  aaar

SteveL replied on 30/04/2019 10:28

Posted on 29/04/2019 18:11 by captainslogg

Missed most of the program, but saw the last bit where Adam tucked into a meal cooked by a top chef. He sliced into a cut of meat on his plate and said lovely. They didn't show him put it in his mouth. I would have given it to the dog, that's all it was fit for. The chef had cooked it by singeing it with a blowlamp. Only the outer surface was cooked, the rest must have been raw and stone cold. This fashion for eating undercooked meat is beyond me. Its like the emperors new clothes story.

Rant over

Now let me tuck in to my sushi.  aaar

Posted on 30/04/2019 10:28

As some of these extreme aged beefs can cost over £200 a kilo. It would have been rather a shame to have cremated it.☹️

Many years in the past, I used to go for a steak occasionally with a Canadian driller. He was a bit rough and ready and when asked by the waitress how he would like his steak, replied, slap it on the ass, lead it in and I'll cut my own off. Up to that time I normally had them medium / rare. As a result of eating with him I moved to blue (what Adam had) and  much preferred them.πŸ˜‹ However, everyone to their own.

trellis replied on 30/04/2019 15:08

Posted on 30/04/2019 10:28 by SteveL

As some of these extreme aged beefs can cost over £200 a kilo. It would have been rather a shame to have cremated it.☹️

Many years in the past, I used to go for a steak occasionally with a Canadian driller. He was a bit rough and ready and when asked by the waitress how he would like his steak, replied, slap it on the ass, lead it in and I'll cut my own off. Up to that time I normally had them medium / rare. As a result of eating with him I moved to blue (what Adam had) and  much preferred them.πŸ˜‹ However, everyone to their own.

Posted on 30/04/2019 15:08

My youngest lad has his blue. I'm convinced a half decent  vet could have it walking out of the restaurant.😁.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook