Earth’s Great Rivers

Takethedogalong replied on 01/02/2020 20:14

Posted on 01/02/2020 20:14

We have just finished watching this trio of wonderful documentaries about the Amazon, the Nile and the Mississippi. Only an hour long each, but shows each from source to sea. Lots of fabulous wildlife, some surprising locations, and little bits about some of the communities found along each. The one about the Nile is very special, and surprising.

Well worth a watch. BBC4 via iPlayer.

ABM replied on 01/02/2020 21:42

Posted on 01/02/2020 21:42

Oh so many wonderful programmes out about this little rock we're sitting on TtDA I'm not sure there are enough hours in the day to watch all the recommended ones tho', as much as I think I ought to embarassed.

I've just digested my supper to Portillo in Alaska and that was pleasant enough and didn't give me indigestion  wink

Takethedogalong replied on 02/02/2020 09:27

Posted on 02/02/2020 09:27

Didn’t know that was on AB, will take a look. Didn’t like him as a politician, but he’s a good travel programme front man. Mellowed his views down the years, sort of person you could have a good natter with over a meal! We have a Bradshaw’s Guide.........😁

There’s a little documentary about the filming on the end of each River programme. Fascinating! 

ABM replied on 02/02/2020 13:57

Posted on 02/02/2020 13:57

I won't comment on politics, TtDA, but his taste in colourful  clothing especially trousers  ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, surprisedcool and he's not averse to playing the comedy card should the opportunity arise smilelaughing

Takethedogalong replied on 02/02/2020 14:30

Posted on 02/02/2020 14:30

Not sure it’s the same ones OP. No trains at all as I recall in these three. Some great bird life though!👍

ABM replied on 02/02/2020 16:29

Posted on 02/02/2020 16:29

TtDA, I got the feeling that OnePutt was talking of Both of our programmes there wink

redface replied on 02/02/2020 18:38

Posted on 02/02/2020 18:38

Actually saw the pink dolphins whilst on the Amazon a few years back..

Sadly I think they are now extinct.

It's a great river trip particularly if you get to visit the riverside communities. Schools have 4 walls, roof ,dirt floor, no glass in the windows and possibly 6 or 7 books in their library. Up to 30 or so pupils in the whole school, all being taught in that one room.

It was a humbling experience.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook