Man in Room 301

DavidKlyne replied on 07/03/2021 12:07

Posted on 07/03/2021 12:07

For those of you that like your weekly fill of foreign language drames the current one on BBC4 called Man in Room 301 might appeal. It comes from Finland so don't expect to understand the language!!!! At first I wasn't sure that I was going to enjoy it but it has grown on me. Basis of story is around the accidental shooting of a young child. Local lad who is a bit of a loner takes the wrap but he did not actually shoot the child. Move forward 12 years. The plot centres around who is the lad who took the wrap for the shooting. Is it the one who tries to get off with one of the grown up sisters of the lad that was shot or is it the one in Greece who befriends the son of the uncle of the shot child. Both display suspicious behavior but which one is the baddy? Or are they both in some unconnected way? Last two episodes next week or available now on iPlayer.

David

Metheven replied on 07/03/2021 13:28

Posted on 07/03/2021 13:28

Yes we are enjoying this, but was not always understanding whether I was watching the past or the present in the very beginning. Have just watched the Saturdays episodes and understanding/knowing the characters more it's becoming clearer. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect neither of them, I'm thinking the elder daughters boyfriend. 

DavidKlyne replied on 07/03/2021 16:08

Posted on 07/03/2021 13:28 by Metheven

Yes we are enjoying this, but was not always understanding whether I was watching the past or the present in the very beginning. Have just watched the Saturdays episodes and understanding/knowing the characters more it's becoming clearer. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect neither of them, I'm thinking the elder daughters boyfriend. 

Posted on 07/03/2021 16:08

Yes not knowing what time period you are in is one of Margaret's annoyances!!! It's not the only programmes to have the same issue. I suppose as you get into the series it becomes clearer. At this stage I don't think I would put money on either, both seem suspect to mewink I agree the daughters boyfriend is a bit strange. Let's hope they don't leave us in suspense!

David 

eribaMotters replied on 07/03/2021 16:13

Posted on 07/03/2021 16:13

I must admit that after enjoying I think all of the Scandi/French/Dutch/Icelandic/Nordic etc etc subtitled dramas on BBC4 for many years that wee gave up. Both of us were confused.

Colin

SeasideBill replied on 07/03/2021 17:24

Posted on 07/03/2021 16:13 by eribaMotters

I must admit that after enjoying I think all of the Scandi/French/Dutch/Icelandic/Nordic etc etc subtitled dramas on BBC4 for many years that wee gave up. Both of us were confused.

Colin

Posted on 07/03/2021 17:24

Doesn’t sound too encouraging 🥴. Generally I like all those Scandi/French/Dutch/Icelandic/Nordic dramas. 

Started watching ‘Lupin’ on Netflix last night following several enthusiastic recommendations, but 1 episode is more than enough. French, but indistinguishable from American fodder.

DavidKlyne replied on 07/03/2021 20:11

Posted on 07/03/2021 17:24 by SeasideBill

Doesn’t sound too encouraging 🥴. Generally I like all those Scandi/French/Dutch/Icelandic/Nordic dramas. 

Started watching ‘Lupin’ on Netflix last night following several enthusiastic recommendations, but 1 episode is more than enough. French, but indistinguishable from American fodder.

Posted on 07/03/2021 20:11

Don't have any paid for TV subscriptions so can't comment. BBC4 have a wonderful library of foreign language TV series so I am not sure I see the need to look elsewhere? I think with a lot of these series you have to persevere beyond the first couple of episodes as they can sometimes be a bit slow to get up to speed.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook