Strictly Who?

Extugger replied on 20/08/2018 17:38

Posted on 20/08/2018 17:38

Apart from a female news presenter, a very brave young lady who was the victim of an acid attack and someone I kind of recognise from a long time ago - the new lineup of this years' Strictly contestants doesn't exactly seem to be terribly exciting or indeed contain many celebrities I've heard of. It must be an 'age' thing, but I'm willing to bet as you walk past caravans on site on a Saturday evening, the majority of the occupants will be tuned in! (Not that I'm a nosey-Parker!) 😉😀

Metheven replied on 22/12/2018 12:39

Posted on 22/12/2018 12:39

The public will vote for their favourite irrespective of how well they dance or not, this has been seen in past competitions where the 'useless' have lasted a lot longer than they should have. I blame the Beeb for having a mix of complete beginners and semi experienced competing against one another, a level playing field is the only fair way to start a competition like this.

On saying that, if at the end the best dancer fails to win through then no matter what the Beeb tells them, the public will always vote for their favourite.

There is no easy answer other than to just sit back and enjoy it as dance entertainment, we don't vote for this very reason.

The British public are renowned for voting for the wrong reasons wink

DSB replied on 22/12/2018 13:19

Posted on 22/12/2018 13:19

I know what you mean Metheven.  In my mind the difference this time is that the best dancer didn't win.  At least in the past, although the 'lower evictions' have been in questionable order, weve usually ended up with the best dancer winning it - at least as far as I can remember.

In the end of the day, it's entertainment. 😀

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook