The Mayflower

brue replied on 27/11/2020 16:56

Posted on 27/11/2020 16:56

Did anyone see the BBC 4 programme this week about The Mayflower? During the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower arriving in America this year there have been quite a few events remembering the voyage. The programme, as in the title debunked a few myths. If I can, at some point, I'd like to see the exhibtion at The Box in Plymouth, the new museum that's missed out on visitors due to Covid19...I'd like to see some Wampum beads for starters! Looks like another socially distanced booked slot coming up in the New Year, hopefully!?

LINK to BBC 4 programme

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2020 19:06

Posted on 27/11/2020 19:06

I believe there was lots planned at Harwich, including turning the captain's house (now a private house) to a temporary museum, to celebrate the 400th anniversary. I do hope that it can celebrated belatedly when we are able, but before the 500th 😉.

Hadn't realised there was a programme so thanks for the heads up.

Several Essex folk gave their names to places. Lots to see if and when anyone sails from Harwich - well worth a stopover either/both ways. The U2's were beached there after the end of the war. Beautiful willow sculpture of one on the beach.

Wherenext replied on 27/11/2020 19:29

Posted on 27/11/2020 19:29

As I hardly watch anything I missed this but it's the type of thing I am interested in so will watch it on catch up. Thank you Brue.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook