TV Drama -The Salisbury Poisonings

DavidKlyne replied on 16/06/2020 09:58

Posted on 16/06/2020 09:58

We are enjoying it. I rather like the format of broadcasting it over three consecutive nights, makes it easier to keep up with the drama. It must be difficult when we all think we know the story but I am sure not many would have realised just how perilous the situation actually was. I somehow doubt Mr Putin is very pleased its being broadcast!!!!

David

Metheven replied on 16/06/2020 10:33

Posted on 16/06/2020 10:33

I would imagine Putin is laid back in his chair watching it also, saying 'they got that right' and 'they got that wrong'. But imagine he's not really bothered at all about it.

Interesting drama in how all things developed regarding this.

DavidKlyne replied on 16/06/2020 14:27

Posted on 16/06/2020 10:33 by Metheven

I would imagine Putin is laid back in his chair watching it also, saying 'they got that right' and 'they got that wrong'. But imagine he's not really bothered at all about it.

Interesting drama in how all things developed regarding this.

Posted on 16/06/2020 14:27

I am not so sure. The Russians are ultra sensitive to criticism. Afterall despite all the heartache it caused in Salisbury it does highlight a large degree of incompetence which probably hurts even more!!! So being reminded of it I think does cause embarrassment, the Russians have nothing to crow about given that it was a botched attempt to kill two of their citizens. 

David

JayOutdoors replied on 17/06/2020 08:19

Posted on 17/06/2020 08:19

For me a good drama by Dancing Ledge Productins. Liked the updates at the end of the main families involved. Also like David I appreciated the BBC showing it on consecutive nights.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/06/2020 09:45

Posted on 17/06/2020 08:19 by JayOutdoors

For me a good drama by Dancing Ledge Productins. Liked the updates at the end of the main families involved. Also like David I appreciated the BBC showing it on consecutive nights.

Posted on 17/06/2020 09:45

I imagine they worked hard to get the real characters onside. I have seen various interviews with cast members who obviously spent time with the "real people" so they represented them as accurately as possible. Although when it was happening in real time it was on the the news 24/7 the drama was better able to convey what the locals actually had to cope with. 

David

cyberyacht replied on 17/06/2020 12:24

Posted on 17/06/2020 12:24

It certainly confirmed the FSB's callous disregard for "collateral damage" in the execution of the operation. My niece lives just round the corner from the Amesbury house.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook