Charcoal! - Not Tremendously Good

stephen p replied on 05/08/2019 16:41

Posted on 05/08/2019 16:41

You can't beat a real charcoal barbecue on a lovely Summer's evening but has anyone else noticed that charcoal doesn't burn like it used to.  I remember "in the good old days" returning to spent barbecues to find nothing but ash. Nowadays I am finding up to one third of all the "charcoal" that I use has not burnt.

I have tried many different brands in my search for charcoal that actually burns and so far I am not doing well, any recommendations?? 

Freddy55 replied on 14/08/2019 16:28

Posted on 14/08/2019 16:28

We recently treated ourselves to a new BBQ, a Weber. We also bought the chimney starter. Staying with the brand, we opted for their briquettes. Loaded up the chimney and set it alight. After 15 minutes, it was roaring away and ready for cooking. At the end, there wasn’t much left.

stephen p replied on 25/08/2019 20:15

Posted on 25/08/2019 20:15

"Bar b Quick" lump wood used this weekend and only one wayward lump found in the ashes this morning.

He apologised and left hurriedly wink.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook