Ideas for catering for a large party

AndreaMac replied on 26/02/2019 10:59

Posted on 26/02/2019 10:59

Hello all

We're off to France for the 75 D-Day celebrations in May/June.  There will be 10 of us of all ages spread out over 3 pitches/outfits.

I wonder if any of you out there have any good ideas for catering a larger group, i.e. cheaper recipes, best way of cooking I.e. on a gas or charcoal bbq or even bring an electric air fryer!

We have done this many times, but it always boils down to me and my mom doing the catering .... all ideas and suggestions welcome cool

Thanks

x

replied on 26/02/2019 20:37

Posted on 26/02/2019 20:01 by brue

I think to be fair it's both a commemoration and celebration in Normandy this year, there is a lot happening. LINK

Hope it all goes well for the OP.

Posted on 26/02/2019 20:37

The user and all related content has been deleted

replied on 26/02/2019 20:47

Posted on 26/02/2019 20:37 by

Fair enough. But the idea of a 'party' sits uneasily with one who has a relative buried in Normandy. We visit his grave often when we drive past.

We sincerely hope to be in France at that time (personal circumstances permitting) and we'd probably be wise to visit the grave well before, or well after, that week in a quieter time.

Posted on 26/02/2019 20:47

I've shed tears in Normandy, Greek isles, Malta and UK WTG.

Gratitude and sadness!

replied on 26/02/2019 20:52

Posted on 26/02/2019 20:47 by

I've shed tears in Normandy, Greek isles, Malta and UK WTG.

Gratitude and sadness!

Posted on 26/02/2019 20:52

The user and all related content has been deleted

brue replied on 26/02/2019 21:05

Posted on 26/02/2019 21:05

My mother and friends frequently went to Normandy, they were the war generation, they loved Normandy and always received friendship and kindness in return. I think they would have loved a party over there just as much as they all, both French and other nations, recognised the sacrifices of many. I put on a link that shows the many aspects of this years 75th anniversary which is very important to those who live in Normandy who have great respect for their liberators.

Maybe the party will buy Norman food, all the lovely dairy and apple products, I hope so. smile

Chrystal replied on 03/03/2019 15:29

Posted on 26/02/2019 10:59 by AndreaMac

Hello all

We're off to France for the 75 D-Day celebrations in May/June.  There will be 10 of us of all ages spread out over 3 pitches/outfits.

I wonder if any of you out there have any good ideas for catering a larger group, i.e. cheaper recipes, best way of cooking I.e. on a gas or charcoal bbq or even bring an electric air fryer!

We have done this many times, but it always boils down to me and my mom doing the catering .... all ideas and suggestions welcome cool

Thanks

x

Posted on 03/03/2019 15:29

A large Shepherds  pie, pan of scouse, salmon in foil on barbecue, micro veg rice ,  pack of meringue nests and fruit and scones .

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook