Outback trekker gas BBQ

Rosy replied on 11/06/2017 11:59

Posted on 11/06/2017 11:59

Hi all, I've just bought an outback trekker gas BBQ and we've used it connected to the caravan's external gas point but the BBQ didn't to get very hot (on max heat) to the point where we ended up finishing the cooking in the van. It was quite windy, but I've subsequently bought a separate regulator connected to a different gas bottle, and although it seemed slightly hotter, it still took 30 mins to cook thin chipolata sausages on max heat. Does anyone have one of these BBQs? Is this normal or is our BBQ defective?! The instructions say we should normally cook on low - medium heat.

Thanks!

Marcusbb replied on 19/08/2019 19:54

Posted on 19/08/2019 19:54

The outback trekker should be lit 10 minutes before use and the lid kept down. If you have a red one you will see it go from bright red to dark red. The barbecue now ready for use . Put the food on and keep the lid closed this will allow the smoke from the barbecue plate to flavour the meat. If it gets too hot or smokey lift the lid. Turn the food every 6 mins and all should be good. Hopefully this helps

SeasideBill replied on 19/08/2019 20:58

Posted on 19/08/2019 20:58

Love the design and practicality but not impressed with CADAC build quality or after care. Piezo ignition on my Safari Chef 2 has never worked properly and continues to be useless, despite CADAC sending me a fix. I purchased their quick release coupling and that doesn’t work properly either, plus it snags the folding legs. Shame as it’s otherwise an excellent bit of kit and I love how well it packs away.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook