Wine!

DSB replied on 03/07/2017 22:56

Posted on 03/07/2017 22:56

I know there are several wine lovers on here, so I thought it might be a good idea to have a place to discuss and share each others favourite tipple.

A wine I have recently taken to is Barefoot Merlot.  A Californian wine, full bodied wine with a blueberry and plumb flavour.  Really worth a try.  We get it from the Co-op at a little less than £7 a bottle.

David 

DSB replied on 15/04/2019 15:13

Posted on 15/04/2019 15:13

Does anyone have any experience of Naked Wines?  I've just had a £75 voucher and wondered if it was worth it - or perhaps I will end up by paying around  £75 more for the wine in order to save £75.  I've never used them but wines look relatively expensive to start with.  Is it worth it?

David

Goldie146 replied on 15/04/2019 16:40

Posted on 15/04/2019 15:13 by DSB

Does anyone have any experience of Naked Wines?  I've just had a £75 voucher and wondered if it was worth it - or perhaps I will end up by paying around  £75 more for the wine in order to save £75.  I've never used them but wines look relatively expensive to start with.  Is it worth it?

David

Posted on 15/04/2019 16:40

I used a voucher once - and it did seen a good deal. We liked the wine, but felt very pressured to suscribe. If I remember correctly, you paid so much a month and got wine cheaper.

And then the rather aggresive marketing started. 

Just hold you nerve and say "no" to future "may be good offers".

Boff replied on 15/04/2019 20:38

Posted on 15/04/2019 15:13 by DSB

David

Posted on 15/04/2019 20:38

i've used the voucher in the past.  And the wines were alright at the discounted price. if you think that is damning with faint praise, you wouldn't be far off the mark. 

If you are serious about wines, do yourself a favour, join the wine society.  No hard sell and exceptional customer service.  

DSB replied on 16/04/2019 09:08

Posted on 15/04/2019 20:38 by Boff

i've used the voucher in the past.  And the wines were alright at the discounted price. if you think that is damning with faint praise, you wouldn't be far off the mark. 

If you are serious about wines, do yourself a favour, join the wine society.  No hard sell and exceptional customer service.  

Posted on 16/04/2019 09:08

I've decided not to bother Boff..  I've been doing a bit of reading around, and am getting stories of Angels, wings and paying £20 a month by direct debit.  There sound like there have been a few horror stories!

David

Wherenext replied on 04/10/2019 18:50

Posted on 04/10/2019 18:50

For those who just want a decent quaffing red then try the exceptionally good value Costieres de Nîmes currently on offer at Aldi, about £5.99. I have in the past recommended a different CdeN from them but that sold out. This seems to be their replacement.

DSB replied on 06/11/2019 20:23

Posted on 06/11/2019 20:23

I really must share this Prosecco from Aldi.  It's £8.99, so not one of their cheapest offerings, but IMHO, a very worthwhile Prosecco.  A little sweeter than most (a sort of apple/ with a sweet lemon taste), but very pleasant indeed......

David

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2019 17:14

Posted on 06/11/2019 20:23 by DSB

I really must share this Prosecco from Aldi.  It's £8.99, so not one of their cheapest offerings, but IMHO, a very worthwhile Prosecco.  A little sweeter than most (a sort of apple/ with a sweet lemon taste), but very pleasant indeed......

David

Posted on 07/11/2019 17:14

David

Not a particular lover of sparkling wines, Champagne being the exception, but only in moderation!  However I noticed in Waitrose today they also had Prosecco for the same price but they also have a 25% off offer for six bottles of any wine over £5 a bottle. The offer applies to six bottles or more and includes boxes of wine and fortified wines. 

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook