COVID - general discussion - Temp Locked

moulesy replied on 14/01/2021 12:07

Posted on 14/01/2021 11:47 by LLM

With the advantage of 20/20 hindsight I expect that I could find things that could have been done sooner and better, or not done at all.  I can also imagine that other actions or inactions may have improved things or even made them worse.  However, I'm not prepared to criticize because I, in common with the vast majority of the population, don't have access to all the information and knowledge available to the decision makers at any one time nor full knowledge of the sequence of events or of all the hurdles that have needed to be overcome to achieve anything.  

Posted on 14/01/2021 12:07

Well you could make that arguement for just about every action that any government takes, so you seem to be suggesting that because we "don't have access to all the information" the government should be immune to any questioning or criticism.

But actually a lot of the information provided to the government by SAGE surely has been made public so it seems, to me, entirely legitimate to criticise actions they have or have not taken based on that advice.

Just my opinion, though. smile

Cornersteady replied on 14/01/2021 12:45

Posted on 14/01/2021 12:45

I think that we are all allowed to criticise the actions of our elected officials. After all we do every election even though we don't have access to all the information and knowledge available to the decision makers at any one time nor full knowledge of the sequence of events or of all the hurdles that have needed to be overcome.

And to do so without knowing how to fix or makes things better.

Again my opinion. 

Wherenext replied on 14/01/2021 13:13

Posted on 14/01/2021 12:02 by JVB66

I noted that the French Border guards that are employed  on Eurostarhave been turning back uk citizens who tried to go the Alps Skying and visit Paris undecided

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:13

So?

huskydog replied on 14/01/2021 13:14

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:14

Just a thought, but if instead of people moaning about what has happened, we are where we are , why not look forward to try and change the future, you can not change the past 

brue replied on 14/01/2021 13:18

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:14 by huskydog

Just a thought, but if instead of people moaning about what has happened, we are where we are , why not look forward to try and change the future, you can not change the past 

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:18

Agree with that Husky and all those with "second sight" can let us know what should be changed in the future. wink

replied on 14/01/2021 13:24

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Whittakerr replied on 14/01/2021 13:24

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:24

Quite right, and if anyone should be criticised it should be all those that have knowingly and blatantly broken the rules and guidelines.

I wonder what the numbers would look like if everyone had complied?

moulesy replied on 14/01/2021 13:27

Posted on 14/01/2021 13:27

But you can learn from the past Husky and that way avoid making similar mistakes in the future. That is why, in a democracy, it is a good thing that one is allowed to question/criticise the actions that have been taken.

It is a poor reflection on things that questioning/criticising should be confused with "moaning". frown

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook