Covid - news and views

brue replied on 08/02/2021 13:35

Posted on 08/02/2021 13:35

It's good to hear that members of CT are receiving their vaccinations, good luck to all those yet to have theirs. It seems like a long haul till we get everyone sorted and hear the results of the present vaccines. 

I'm leaving this open for non political comments as per the guidelines. Hope you can add your own experiences and thoughts.

My first jab comes up tomorrow, I'm so glad we have research institutions that have got us this far! And I am planning breaks away in the hope of improvements on the horizon.

robsail replied on 23/02/2021 21:31

Posted on 23/02/2021 21:31

Well the blue envelope arrived for me today! 5th March for my first jab, as an unpaid carer!

OH and son had their jabs a couple of weeks ago, both of them are in the extremely vulnerable category.!

Wherenext replied on 23/02/2021 21:52

Posted on 23/02/2021 21:31 by robsail

Well the blue envelope arrived for me today! 5th March for my first jab, as an unpaid carer!

OH and son had their jabs a couple of weeks ago, both of them are in the extremely vulnerable category.!

Posted on 23/02/2021 21:52

About ruddy time as well. Pleased that you'll be getting some help by way of a vaccine.

ABM replied on 25/02/2021 21:26

Posted on 25/02/2021 21:26

Oh, sorry Robsail, for a while I thought you said were getting your First JOB as an unpaid carer  { dives n hides below t' keyboard embarassed }

Rufs replied on 28/02/2021 09:07

Posted on 28/02/2021 09:07

This could be an interesting headline to follow going forward, i think JVB first raised the issue on this forum and now it is reported that hundreds are coming forward and demanding that death certificates get changed to reflect the true cause of death undecided 

LLM replied on 28/02/2021 09:35

Posted on 28/02/2021 09:07 by Rufs

This could be an interesting headline to follow going forward, i think JVB first raised the issue on this forum and now it is reported that hundreds are coming forward and demanding that death certificates get changed to reflect the true cause of death undecided 

Posted on 28/02/2021 09:35

Some while back HMG decreed that there would be no need for a post-mortem and possibly an inquest on anyone dying from Covid.  A host of reason make that sensible including infection prevention and the risk of  overwhelming the systems.   Inevitably some other causes will slip through the net.  

Rufs replied on 28/02/2021 10:28

Posted on 28/02/2021 09:35 by LLM

Some while back HMG decreed that there would be no need for a post-mortem and possibly an inquest on anyone dying from Covid.  A host of reason make that sensible including infection prevention and the risk of  overwhelming the systems.   Inevitably some other causes will slip through the net.  

Posted on 28/02/2021 10:28

agreed, I for one will not care what goes on my death certificate undecidedbut it is a bit rich if you get killed in a traffic accident but because you had covid-19 some 3 weeks before the death certificate could say died of covid-19 frown, or was as the case man of 99 with lots of underlying problems, goes to sleep and never wakens up = death from covid-19,  bet BJ is backing this one, could make his stats look a whole lot better laughing

replied on 28/02/2021 10:46

Posted on 28/02/2021 10:46

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

LLM replied on 28/02/2021 10:48

Posted on 28/02/2021 10:48

I wonder what the people that are moaning think that changing a bit of paperwork will achieve.  The dead are dead, I doubt they will return (but I have been known to be wrong undecided).  

DavidKlyne replied on 28/02/2021 11:53

Posted on 28/02/2021 10:28 by Rufs

agreed, I for one will not care what goes on my death certificate undecidedbut it is a bit rich if you get killed in a traffic accident but because you had covid-19 some 3 weeks before the death certificate could say died of covid-19 frown, or was as the case man of 99 with lots of underlying problems, goes to sleep and never wakens up = death from covid-19,  bet BJ is backing this one, could make his stats look a whole lot better laughing

Posted on 28/02/2021 11:53

According to this interesting Government website such a death caused by a road accident wouldn't be recorded as COVID. However if during the process of recovering from an accident the patient caught COVID and subsequently dies it is possible that it would be recorded as a COVID death. 

The World Health Organisation say this:-

A COVID-19 death is defined for surveillance purposes as a death resulting from a clinically compatible illness in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 disease (e.g. trauma)

It is possible, given the pressure the NHS has been under, that some of the deaths attributed to COVID could be suspect. Although some statistics say the number of COVID deaths is under reported. I am not even sure a post mortem would necessarily change the the reason and would probably put surviving families under even greater stress? Obviously people impacted by the sudden unexpected death of a close family member will have all sorts of things going around in their minds. Logically it seems a bit pointless to question but at times of grief logic doesn't come into it.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook