Music - What Floats Your Boat?

Freddy55 replied on 25/03/2020 23:37

Posted on 25/03/2020 23:37

Kinda surprised there doesn’t appear to be a thread on this.

I’ve always been a big music fan, a major part in my life. With all that’s going on, maybe folks out there have the same passion and would like to share it? If this thread takes off, we will get a ‘feel’ of what others like, and can make suggestions? As for my tastes, I guess they could be described generally as rock music, blues, folk and some classical. I was thinking that if we could limit it to the more obscure/less well-known tunes? No Beatles, ABBA, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers etc, we’ve all heard them already. 

I’ll kick it off with this from Supertramp...

https://youtu.be/pM6VNDyAamc

nelliethehooker replied on 18/02/2021 21:59

Posted on 17/02/2021 23:06 by Freddy55

I checked out the Bo Hannson radio. Looks like a good mix. I noted Anthony Phillips was in the playlist. He was a founder member of Genesis and appeared on their first two albums. So, if you like early Genesis, you might want to check out one of his solo works, ‘The Geese And The Ghost’, available on Spotify.

Posted on 18/02/2021 21:59

Will certainly look it out, it will be a change from the album that I'm listing to at the moment...Bluesology  by MJQ which contains my most favourite instrumental track.

Freddy55 replied on 19/02/2021 22:31

Posted on 18/02/2021 21:59 by nelliethehooker

Will certainly look it out, it will be a change from the album that I'm listing to at the moment...Bluesology  by MJQ which contains my most favourite instrumental track.

Posted on 19/02/2021 22:31

I had to look them (MJQ) up, I’d never heard of them. TBH, Jazz ain’t my thing, although I can appreciate the musicianship. Care to name that tune? I don’t mind a bit of brass though, love this tune. Chicago, before they went ‘commercial’...

nelliethehooker replied on 20/02/2021 14:18

Posted on 19/02/2021 22:31 by Freddy55

I had to look them (MJQ) up, I’d never heard of them. TBH, Jazz ain’t my thing, although I can appreciate the musicianship. Care to name that tune? I don’t mind a bit of brass though, love this tune. Chicago, before they went ‘commercial’...

Posted on 20/02/2021 14:18

Rodrigo's Concierto de Aranjuez

Freddy55 replied on 03/03/2021 00:01

Posted on 03/03/2021 00:01

A blues tune that I rate highly. Written and performed by the very underrated Danny Kerwan, when he was a member with Fleetwood Mac, back in the day. Here, he does (to me) display wonderful touch and subtlety in his playing.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook