They live amongst us............

fatbelly replied on 16/01/2017 14:49

Posted on 16/01/2017 14:49

We've only just joined the Club & we've been researching the site reviews on here and also on tripadvisor prior to booking.

I am quite astounded at the reviews that some people write and their reasoning for marking down a site. For example on tripadvisor there is a review of a CC site in Cornwall and the reviewer only gives the site 1 star out of 5 because it rained during their weekend and when they rang the site to book the warden failed to warn them this could happen and it ruined their stay.

Thomas Cook Holidays have released some of the complaints that their customer services team have received, the best was from a woman who went with her husband to India and was "disgusted" to find that all the local restaurants served Curry's and spicy food which they don't eat because it's "foreign muck". Another complaint Cooks received was from a couple who went to Madrid and found out that all the Taxi drivers were Spanish!!

The scary thing is that these people live amongst us and they get a Vote !!!!!!!

DSB replied on 17/01/2017 11:07

Posted on 17/01/2017 11:07

To be honest, I don't worry too much about the reviews for CC sites as I have found the sites consistently good anyway.  The usefulness is often in the extra information which folk add e.g. a good pub locally, access to the site, closeness of supermarkets or local camping shop, how far away the nearest beach is etc.

If in doubt about a particular posters review, and if you have time, it might be worth reading reviews of other sites by the same member, to give you an idea of the soer of thing that member is looking for in a site.  It might help folk to worry less about the odd negative report.

David 

Kennine replied on 17/01/2017 11:20

Posted on 17/01/2017 11:20

I give little credence to site reviews.  They are usually written by people with a particular axe to grind. 

If the review is Objective - it has some value.

If it is purely subjective - I ignore it. 

A camp site is somewhere to park your van while you go out and about enjoying your holiday.------------ CC sites are all kept to a  good standard by the site staff.  

Cheers--------------K

nelliethehooker replied on 17/01/2017 19:42

Posted on 17/01/2017 19:42

I think that reviews are more relevant for CLs and commercial sites than for club sites as the latter are much of a muchness in their standard of facilities. If you've been on one you know what to expect.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook