What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

heddlo replied on 03/12/2019 10:59

Posted on 03/12/2019 10:59

How awful Freddy.  So very sad.  My Dad died very suddenly and I know how much it rocks your world.  Our condolences to you you all.

moulesy replied on 03/12/2019 11:07

Posted on 03/12/2019 11:07

Bakers 2 and Freddy - just caught up with your sad news and would like to pass my condolences on your losses.

Bakers - your mum obviously had a good long life and passed peacefully  - it must be such a wrench for you to have lost her.

Freddy - I lost my mum to a sudden massive heart attack at the age of 60 some 30 years ago now. She was always active and healthy - out gardening one afternoon and gone in the evening. An awful shock at such a young age.

Will be thinking of you both.

Tammygirl replied on 03/12/2019 11:12

Posted on 03/12/2019 11:12

Better like day today, dry and with sun smile

OH out being a  good Samaritan taking our 93 year old neighbour to the doctors surgery in the village, she can't make it there herself anymore.

After that he is doing an appraisal for the part time worker on the Development trust, she is the only paid worker, all the others like OH are volunteers. As Chairman he does her appraisal every year, this year though will be his last one as he has recently stood down from the post. 

To be honest I shouldn't be sat here, I should be getting on with something but today I just can't be bothered, which bothers me as its not like me to do nothing.

richardandros replied on 03/12/2019 11:26

Posted on 03/12/2019 11:26

What a terrible shock Freddy - please accept our condolences as well.  Ros lost a sister and two brothers in law - all in the space of a year, just over a year ago and it's left a big empty space in our lives.

Takethedogalong replied on 03/12/2019 11:38

Posted on 03/12/2019 11:38

Our sympathies come your way as well Freddy, so young. Very difficult for her partner and all the family.

Composing an email to head towards Jeep HQ. We have a minor issue with our new Jeep, a known design fault. However, the dealer we bought it from are giving us the runaround, a variety of spineless fob offs, hoping we will go away. We were tossed between Sales and Servicing yesterday, front of house lackeys protecting those who can make decisions, but aren’t up to carrying out a face to face conversation with clearly dissatisfied customers. So, ignore the monkeys, and head straight for the top honcho. Trailing a few negative reviews wherever we can of course..........😡 I like a challenge

brue replied on 03/12/2019 12:50

Posted on 03/12/2019 12:50

I am torn between getting a room cleared out and sorted and finishing Christmas cards (have noticed this year that, bar two, all the older generation have gone. frown

Meanwhile OH is still involved in the long running plumbing saga at our daughters house (the plumber broke his wrist so is only just back on form and plumbers are like gold dust round here.) Daughter's partner is not exactly handy with pipe work and has only just pointed out a hidden leak this morning....yell

A nice day so should also be planting the last of the tulips, all three possible tasks aren't very appealing and TammyG I shouldn't be on here either! winklaughing

Oneputt replied on 03/12/2019 12:54

Posted on 03/12/2019 11:38 by Takethedogalong

Our sympathies come your way as well Freddy, so young. Very difficult for her partner and all the family.

Composing an email to head towards Jeep HQ. We have a minor issue with our new Jeep, a known design fault. However, the dealer we bought it from are giving us the runaround, a variety of spineless fob offs, hoping we will go away. We were tossed between Sales and Servicing yesterday, front of house lackeys protecting those who can make decisions, but aren’t up to carrying out a face to face conversation with clearly dissatisfied customers. So, ignore the monkeys, and head straight for the top honcho. Trailing a few negative reviews wherever we can of course..........😡 I like a challenge

Posted on 03/12/2019 12:54

I always search out a companies Facebook page, they don’t like it up em🤪

moulesy replied on 03/12/2019 13:00

Posted on 03/12/2019 13:00

We had similar issues with a "well known Bailey caravan dealer" after an unsatisfactory service job 4 or 5 years ago.  Kept getting messed around by front of house staff.  So emailed the managing director at his home address - contacted within 24 hours and job done the following day. Always pays to go to the top! surprised

Bakers2 replied on 03/12/2019 13:26

Posted on 03/12/2019 13:26

I too shouldnt be on here! Just having snack lunch in the conservatory in beautiful sun. 

Messed about ALL MORNING in my dressing gown  - very rarely come down without being showered and 'attired for the day in hand, good job my mother couldn't see! I can hear her now (I am fully showered and dressed but only just!) I would always hear if she knocked on a door and 2as greeted by someone in a dressing gown, I'd have the time told me as well - she had no idea why they weren't dressed embarassed but they were 'judged'. Was caught by a friend calling with a card and plant 😂 nothing tidy etc  again rectified now, but lovely to have a quick chat and if friends cant accept me as I am tough..... several phone calls held up proceedings too, mum's friends of 70 plus years as well as one she pushed in her pram 😂. Fantastic that they all stayed very close.

Moulsey thanks for your kind words, yes it will leave a void but when my time comes I can think of far worse ways after a long life. I lost an uncle under similar circumstances to your mum, he was 48, but my memories of him were of playing huge family cricket at Frinton, and he'll ever be thus. Must be much harder if it's a parent. I cant recall reading about your dad recently, I do hope hes still doing well? 

Tammygirl you and your OH contribute much to your community its lovely to read.

To all of us, including me, does it matter that you're not doing what you feel you should? NO IT DOESN'T, don't be hard on yourself life is for living and indulging yourself at least sometimes, it's a lesson we all need to heed and savour the moments. Preaching over for the day 😉

Takethedogalong all power to your elbow or whatever part of your anatomy you're using. Good suggestion from Oneputt but you're probably already on that Avenue too. Oh I don't miss work, how many times did one have to take the flack whilst others stayed unavailable??? 😤😤

Right time to address proper things, like covering tender plants, walking the dog and enjoying blue sky sun and chilly air.

JVB66 replied on 03/12/2019 13:47

Posted on 03/12/2019 13:47

One real problem you have is that Jeep is now owned by Fiatyell

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook