What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 03/12/2019 18:29

Posted on 03/12/2019 18:29

That’s us just booked our ‘main summer holiday’ a week at Hillhead in a Brixham and a fortnight at Minehead Caravan club site. We love Hillhead haven’t been for a couple of years so looking forward to that and we have never been to Minehead so that will hopefully be good too. Just a question for those in the know What would be the best route to take from Brixham up to Minehead? 

Wherenext replied on 03/12/2019 18:32

Posted on 03/12/2019 18:32

He's almost certainly still in shock Freddy. I've seen a few people just after someone close to them has passed away and some of the things they worry about can only be put down to shock. My sister worried about my fathers false teeth! A neighbour worried about who would look after his dogs if he passed away, just 6 hours after losing his only next of kin, his brother. Hopefully your reassurances should help.

A day of winterising the garden as it's last brown bin collection this week. Nice to have a bit of sun to encourage you along.

brue replied on 03/12/2019 19:04

Posted on 03/12/2019 18:29 by Francis

That’s us just booked our ‘main summer holiday’ a week at Hillhead in a Brixham and a fortnight at Minehead Caravan club site. We love Hillhead haven’t been for a couple of years so looking forward to that and we have never been to Minehead so that will hopefully be good too. Just a question for those in the know What would be the best route to take from Brixham up to Minehead? 

Posted on 03/12/2019 19:04

Francis, we use both of those sites. We usually go home from Hillhead via Totnes and back onto the A38 through Dartington. Whichever way you decide to leave Hillhead go back to the M5 north and leave at Junction 25 Taunton. Follow the signs through Taunton, bearing in mind you'll be making a right hand exit away from Taunton town centre, this will lead you onto the A358 Bishop's Lydeard (where the steam train starts) and then onto Minehead, a twisty road but not too long a journey.

Roadworks are in progress at Junc 25, probably for quite awhile yet.

Have a good time, Minehead gives you access to lots of nice places, Selworthy, Porlock, Exmoor and Dunkery Beacon...to name but a few! smile

Francis replied on 03/12/2019 20:02

Posted on 03/12/2019 19:04 by brue

Francis, we use both of those sites. We usually go home from Hillhead via Totnes and back onto the A38 through Dartington. Whichever way you decide to leave Hillhead go back to the M5 north and leave at Junction 25 Taunton. Follow the signs through Taunton, bearing in mind you'll be making a right hand exit away from Taunton town centre, this will lead you onto the A358 Bishop's Lydeard (where the steam train starts) and then onto Minehead, a twisty road but not too long a journey.

Roadworks are in progress at Junc 25, probably for quite awhile yet.

Have a good time, Minehead gives you access to lots of nice places, Selworthy, Porlock, Exmoor and Dunkery Beacon...to name but a few! smile

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:02

Thanks Brue. I was just having a brief look on the map and there didn’t seem an obvious straightforward route but the one you suggested does look ok. A while before we go yet obviously but I just like an idea of the roads ect especially when we have the van on the back.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/12/2019 20:16

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:16

Hope the "Happy Wanderers" got back safe and sound yesterday, WN.

We had better weather today than yesterday, so drove out to Grizedale Forest and had were out walking for over 3 hours, along some of the paths that we've not walked in a long while. Called in at local caravan dealer's on the way back but didn't see any that had that "wow" factor that would make us consider changing. There was a 2018 unsold Swift which was so wet inside, with drips falling off the ceiling onto the seating and all round the windows and frames I don't know how the dealer had the face to leave it on the forecourt. That's now another make crossed off the list of potential purchases.

Tinwheeler replied on 03/12/2019 20:34

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:02 by Francis

Thanks Brue. I was just having a brief look on the map and there didn’t seem an obvious straightforward route but the one you suggested does look ok. A while before we go yet obviously but I just like an idea of the roads ect especially when we have the van on the back.

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:34

I’d be more inclined to leave the M5 at Jcn 26 rather than travelling further to 25 when approaching from the west, Francis, as per the club's instructions.

milliehull replied on 03/12/2019 20:56

Posted on 03/12/2019 12:50 by brue

I am torn between getting a room cleared out and sorted and finishing Christmas cards (have noticed this year that, bar two, all the older generation have gone. frown

Meanwhile OH is still involved in the long running plumbing saga at our daughters house (the plumber broke his wrist so is only just back on form and plumbers are like gold dust round here.) Daughter's partner is not exactly handy with pipe work and has only just pointed out a hidden leak this morning....yell

A nice day so should also be planting the last of the tulips, all three possible tasks aren't very appealing and TammyG I shouldn't be on here either! winklaughing

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:56

I found it quite depressing going through our Christmas card list brue. Quite a few no longer with us 😥

JVB66 replied on 03/12/2019 21:17

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:56 by milliehull

I found it quite depressing going through our Christmas card list brue. Quite a few no longer with us 😥

Posted on 03/12/2019 21:17

We are in the same situation, in the past we sent and received over 100 cards ,over recent years the list has got shorter as our relatives, friends,work colleages and aquaintances,have left this mortal world,and we can understand even more how some people of our age can get so lonely and even more so at this time of yearfrown

Takethedogalong replied on 03/12/2019 21:27

Posted on 03/12/2019 12:54 by Oneputt

I always search out a companies Facebook page, they don’t like it up em🤪

Posted on 03/12/2019 21:27

Excellent idea OP. I never use Facebook, but will have read. Our beef isn’t with Jeep, it’s with the franchise garage.

Fiat do indeed now own Jeep/Chrysler, but that is actually going to work for us hopefully. They see the Jeep name as being massive in terms of opening up new markets across the World, so, they are not going to be impressed when we contact them and relate our experiences at one of their North of England franchises. We have done this before, again the dealer wasn’t showing due regard to a customer’s concerns, and when we got in contact with Jeep Italy, the response was very favourable. The servicing dept are fobbing us off with misinformation, going against the guidance actually to be found on the USA forums, where of course Jeep are huge, and things get sorted very quickly. 

They are telling us it requires a four figure repair, and arguing who should fund it....Sales, Servicing, or Jeep. We know all it needs is a pot of glue and a hairdryer! Even the sales person who sold us the vehicle said that was the easiest fix! But it’s the lack of communication, the misinformation, the complete disinterest that has annoyed us. They have a sale, but aren’t interested in fixing a niggling fault. They’d make great van/MH dealers.......😂

KjellNN replied on 03/12/2019 21:36

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:56 by milliehull

Posted on 03/12/2019 21:36

Much the same here, all of my parents' generation are gone now, and on OH's side there is just one of her father's cousins left.

We are the old people now!

OH was just saying it is time we did our Christmas cards.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook