What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 14/01/2020 14:26

Posted on 14/01/2020 14:26

Heavy Rain and gusty winds here again Brue.

Supposed to pick the caravan up tomorrow after some warranty work but just got a phone call asking if we could leave it until Thursday as they're short staffed. It would also appear that someone doing the PDI ordered new brake shoes as they were under warranty with Alko. We knew nothing about that as nobody has told us. So we were hoping to get a 6 night break in up in the Lakes but now only 5.

Managed to get through to both UK Insurance and BT without too much hassle today. Actually got an unasked for discount from BT on my Broadband contract. The Insurance was for extending our travel insurance through Nationwide account. Unfortunately the medical upgrade is getting dearer as more bits fall off the wagon. Needs must though.

KjellNN replied on 14/01/2020 14:38

Posted on 14/01/2020 12:48 by brue

No VED on our EV so we're spared that one. wink

Posted on 14/01/2020 14:38

Do you not still have to go through the renewal process?  There is no charge for our Smart, but we still have to "renew".

I have put a reminder in my google calendar now so should not happen again.

Insurances we always pay annually, TV licence we will have to start paying again no doubt, but other bills are all on monthly DD.

Our daughter also pays her VED by DD, but annually, not monthly, we could do that.

brue replied on 14/01/2020 15:42

Posted on 14/01/2020 15:42

Kj, I meant we are spared the financial bit. wink

First power cut of the day hoping there won't be more. frown

ABM replied on 15/01/2020 12:03

Posted on 14/01/2020 12:12 by brue

Very strong winds and heavy rain here, second day, hoping for a break tomorrow. Trying to sort out some paper work that has gathered over the last couple of years, must stop reading things as progress is slow! Stay warm and safe if your local weather is like ours! 🖼

Posted on 15/01/2020 12:03

Scowl, Growl and Howl !!

Monday was er er rather soggy as I discovered when collecting the newly MOT'ed and serviced Ducky. Tuesday was cool but dry, until, that is, I was helping Aged Sister back to load up the shopping into the afore mentioned 'van then it just lashed down.

Today it's a tad cool as it ought to be in mid January, but the sky is a clear cloudless pale blue - beautiful to beholdcool . BUT I'm house bound today -- deeply into Laundry-time, especially the clothing that got soaked on Monday   frown  !!  Might even get the ironing done this evening so I'll be free to offer the Aged One a drive across soggy Cheshire if she wants tomorrow, but I'm not taking bets on that, 'cos it'll probably be hissing down again -- I think Brendon { ?? Brendan ?? } might be bringing his younger brothers over this way  yell

ABM replied on 15/01/2020 12:22

Posted on 15/01/2020 12:22

Hope you escaped without more power outages, Brue ! They never, ever come at convenient times do they ??!! Five minutes before you want the cuppa and OFF it goes only coming back on when that rep's standing at the door chatting away  wink.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 15/01/2020 13:06

Posted on 15/01/2020 12:26 by JVB66

Yetundecidedcool

Posted on 15/01/2020 13:06

+1, once the batteries outnumber the ICE’s then the tax will not just appear it will grow. Same as fuel tax there’ll be a tipping point-death & taxes. . .Guarantees🤷🏻‍♂️

brue replied on 15/01/2020 15:42

Posted on 15/01/2020 12:26 by JVB66

Yetundecidedcool

Posted on 15/01/2020 15:42

See my oft repeated comments in the vehicle and EV sections on here...hydrogen, mileage tax, all sorts of things will change in the future as they always do.  But at present our EV and our old classic car don't attract vehicle tax....you could tow with a vintage car JVB? winksmile

brue replied on 15/01/2020 15:46

Posted on 15/01/2020 12:22 by ABM

Hope you escaped without more power outages, Brue ! They never, ever come at convenient times do they ??!! Five minutes before you want the cuppa and OFF it goes only coming back on when that rep's standing at the door chatting away  wink.

Posted on 15/01/2020 15:46

We did, ABM and after some serious rain last night we went down to the Dorset coast in the sunshine today, lots of flooded fields and the road into our village had flooded overnight but drying out now, hopefully. smile

Wherenext replied on 15/01/2020 15:59

Posted on 15/01/2020 15:59

Just had a call from the dealers to say that the caravan can be picked up tomorrow so we're off for a short 5 night break. We've never had to take so much caravan stuff with us and the car will be heaving. Normally we just saunter out to the drive and load it with clothes and food etc. but those areas had to be clear for work. Mrs WN will be sitting on towels just like when she was a little girl going on holiday to Devon with her mum and dad.smile

Our fields are also flooded Brue. No power cuts though thankfully.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook