What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 23/02/2021 21:48

Posted on 23/02/2021 21:48

I read on CAMC facebook pages that they had been inundated with bookings so not surprised things have nearly ground to a halt. We've already booked what we wanted barring any further stoppages. Decided to book a cottage in November so hope this works out too.Fingers crossed for everyone now! 

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2021 21:51

Posted on 23/02/2021 21:51

It's was dry this morning for our walk,but I got caught out half way round this afternoon, and it's been pouring down ever since. So it looks like another wet walk shortly, and the forecast is not much better for tomorrow either.yell

Wherenext replied on 23/02/2021 22:02

Posted on 23/02/2021 22:02

The announcement made by NS has given us a bit of a problem as we are due in Scotland from the 4th.May for 5 weeks. If tier 3 in place it will kibosh it. We are also waiting on MrsWNs first jab, ETA 2-3 weeks, which may force a curtailment of some of it. Oh bother!yell 

Will have a group meeting tomorrow, probably over a cup of tea in bed in the morning. (Just the 2 of us, honestly).

Wherenext replied on 23/02/2021 22:06

Posted on 23/02/2021 22:06

Indications, Nellie, that sites in Wales will be open, if self contained, just after Easter so you should be fine.

brue replied on 23/02/2021 22:07

Posted on 23/02/2021 22:07

Our unknown dates for the booster will probably muck up our first break so will just go with the flow nearer the time.

Goldie146 replied on 24/02/2021 08:46

Posted on 24/02/2021 08:46

We're not too bothered about getting away - but will do so if lifting restrictions and farm work align.

But we're holding our collective breaths that life will be freer after 21st June - as our daughter is getting married 5 days after that. It's just a small do, but family have to travel from East Midlands as she's being married "from home" (though she left many years ago). An elderly pensioner will give her away and the flower girl will be her 8 month old granddaughter. I will probably be the only one wearing a hat (but that's what  mothers of the bride do isn't it? I have a stack of hat boxes ready to plunder).

brue replied on 24/02/2021 08:57

Posted on 24/02/2021 08:57

Hope you can be there Goldie. Good luck with the hat choice. It's going to take awhile to adjust to this path out of Covid. Family are more important to us over holidays but we'll have to take a holiday to see most of ours! 

I got switched off CT by essential maintenance last night and have just found I've been signed in all that time...

ABM replied on 24/02/2021 09:55

Posted on 24/02/2021 09:55

Will it be a proper, full size hat , Goldie, or will it be one of the exotic 'Fascinator' style thingies ?? At least they don't cast shadows across the delicate visage of  " Mother-of-the-Bride " on all those photos / videos that will be unearthed on  wet winter Wednesday nights when the next but three generation is tying the knot ( If they will still be doing that in those far off times innocent )

Brue, It was running that slowly last night that if you had tried to log out it would only just have occurred  !

Bakers2 replied on 24/02/2021 13:41

Posted on 24/02/2021 13:41

Still feeling below par, but better than I was. Just feel exhausted and nauseous most of the time now.

Sent the dog to daycare yesterday! Think she enjoyed it, came home very tired and I did a few bits about home as no walks needed. Delighted to say mud drying nicely on the local estate today, managed 3 miles myself but that'll be it until I get dinner..

Glorious sun here, actually I'll go peg out the washing in a mo. Collected the lawnmower, new lead required after dog discovered it 😱. As I was back from dig walk, I'd overdressed phew, I've got a skirt and flipflops on 😀.

Your daughter's wedding sounds lovely Goldie, will it be in your local church? Despite not living at home at the time, I got married from home 😀. Hopefully it will all be ok. Are you doing the catering? Good to know that some folk still wear hats, both I and DIL mum did fascinators. In kiwi-land they don't do formal, so saved on hat but I had decent dress, again not expected.... Groom no jacket, daughter suggested OH needn't wear a suit, went down like a lead balloon 😱. He did, our son too, but he discarded jacket rather quickly before the outdoor ceremony. It was only 32c. It was still all lovely 😀

ABM replied on 24/02/2021 14:04

Posted on 24/02/2021 14:04

P.S.  Goldie ~~

Just re-read your post & missed one point you made.

This 'ere " Elderly Pensioner " wouldn't happen to be a Big Wig in the Cumbrian Farming Community would it  ??  laughing

Bakers2,  You'll be feeling just like us England Crikit Fans then,  Nauseous , Sick 'n Tired but we all hope you start feeling perkier by the minute, unlike what WE will do frown

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook