What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 01/12/2021 17:13

Posted on 01/12/2021 17:13

WN hope you get the covid passport sorted as I had posted on Covid thread had our booster today and they printed out the covid pass as we had to sit for 5 minutes very impressed and all on our phones now.

A very wet day today after  cold frosty day and sun all day yesterday and a few more days of rain before we get any dry weather so outside work will have to wait as most of the leaves off the oak trees have fallen.

brue replied on 01/12/2021 21:28

Posted on 01/12/2021 16:00 by Wherenext

Are they Denplan  Brue? They need to improve their bedside manners if you ask me.

I seem to be sleeping longer these last few days. Maybe it's my body healing after the weekend, although as a cure for partial Insomnia I don't think it will catch on.

Decided to get all of our Aldi and Lidl shopping out of the way this morning. Items needed over Christmas but necessarily for Christmas itself. Wednesday morning early on always best day here for those 2 shops. Back home to wrestle with household chores. No chance of doing anything outside as "bucketing down" is the polite way of saying it.

Decided to have a light supper/dinner tonight. we like to lay off heavy meals midweek time. So it's a steamed Mincemeat and Apple Pudding with custard. Pudding is puttering noisily away in the kitchen.

Mrs WN fighting a losing battle with NHS website trying to get one of us a covid passport. Wales piggy back on England and most of the site is set up as if you have a surgery in England. As we only carry 1 "not as smart as some" phone and one main email address on gmail we've had to set up a second one with the surgery for email and wait to see if the NHS accept the same phone number when she does her own tomorrow. Isn't life exciting?laughing

Posted on 01/12/2021 21:28

Strangely enough OH, who doesn't do apps has managed to set up the NHS app and it's all up to date...except as far as I know he isn't planning to go anywhere and keeps asking me things like "why was he given antibiotics in 1066?" laughing 

Hope you can sort yours too.

PS Our dentist was Denplan but has now gone over to a different but similar set up. OH is convinced they need work to support a move to new premises. frown

Takethedogalong replied on 01/12/2021 23:39

Posted on 01/12/2021 23:39

I can breathe again😁 And have finally stopped sneezing. Felt much better today, even managed a few household chores, sorted out clothing for holiday. We are taking a full Winter rescue and survival kit in car, just in case. Tow rope, sleeping bags, full Paramo gear. Still lots of homes up there without power at the moment sadly. We shall need to check out our travel route as well, hoping to do  A1, A66, Barnard Castle, up across moors to Blanchland and out at Hexham. Stop off to do a shop, then on to cottage. Going to lunch at the lovely Farm Shop on A66 if it’s not to busy, failing that, a nice lunch picnic in car. 
Having fun with a really good online advent calendar at the moment. It’s kept us entertained all day😂

heddlo replied on 02/12/2021 08:25

Posted on 02/12/2021 08:25

“ Going to lunch at the lovely Farm Shop on A66 ”.   🥴

TTDA this line made us chuckle this morning.  We had a few days in the Lakes last week and thought exactly the same as you!  Assuming you mean Mainsgill as the Farm Shop?   It was packed last Monday (before the new mask wearing rules) we eventually found a parking space and entered the shop, we were in for maximum 5 minutes, (the queue for lunch was half way round the shop) and we went out the exit!!!  It was the most scary experience, saw only 2 people wearing masks and the place was heaving with crowds.  Maybe we were just unlucky. I have since sent an email to them stating how unsafe and vulnerable we felt in there, received a nice reply back saying they could only follow government guidelines (at the time) and their staff didn’t like wearing masks!   Just in case I’d take a picnic, do enjoy your holiday, we love Northumberland. 

Takethedogalong replied on 02/12/2021 11:53

Posted on 02/12/2021 11:53

😱Thanks for that Heddlo, it is Mainsgill I was thinking about. We should be up there around 11am, so it might just be a case of nipping in fully masked to pick up something for lunch and then an easy meal to slap in oven for our first night.
It can be a strange place....we called in once for lunch. Being veggies, menu can be a bit limited for us, but a Jacket Potato usually hits the spot. so we ordered, only to be told we have run out. Now this is a Farm Shop, sells a wealth of Veg, including potatoes. So my response was to point out a sack and ask if I was seeing “Scotch Mist”. 🤨 Hopeless😂 Do like the place though, and the animals of course. Bactrian Camels are a rare sight oop North🤣

Picnic at Egglestone Abbey it is then👍😁

Wherenext replied on 02/12/2021 15:06

Posted on 02/12/2021 15:06

I can breathe again😁

👍👍

Good to read it Ttda.

Acting as Taxi service today as MiL had a chiropodist appointment in town and we're knocking about. Took the time to get a few bits and pieces and prescriptions whilst she had her treatment. Treated ourselves to some Epoisses cheese for tomorrow's lunch from the really good Deli in town. If you've never tried it and like a Brie type cheese then this is better but the same consistency. Needs to warm up though to be at its best. Have to remember to place our Xmas order in soon. Boxing Day treat for us.

Collected another couple of black bin liner full of leaves but our Brown Bins are full and can't use neighbours as they have the same. They'll wait until our next trip to the tip.

RK - My covid pass came through fine in the end. Mrs WN's pending as I write. I did read somewhere that the NHS have had over 50,000 applications since Monday. People thinking pubs and restaurants may be put on the must have them list.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/12/2021 16:04

Posted on 02/12/2021 16:04

We had a special signed for deliver today from the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and enclosed were our house deeds and wills. The reason we have them is that they closed down our solicitors and inherited all the paperwork. In fairness I don't think it was our local branch that was involved but more the people that owned the company as far as I can discover. I now have the Deeds and Wills sitting here and am not quite sure what to do with them? I suppose I could keep them here at home, although I might have to buy some secure storage, I am thinking fireproof rather than theft. The alternative is to find another solicitor, decisions, decisions!!!!

David

Wherenext replied on 02/12/2021 16:14

Posted on 02/12/2021 16:14

We had something similar quite a few years back David and just bought a fire proof filing cabinet and hopefully it will never have to prove its worth.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook