What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 12/07/2019 14:34

Posted on 12/07/2019 08:49 by huskydog

The thing is I haven't got much to comb in the first place cool

Is your wife fully mobile now ??

Posted on 12/07/2019 14:34

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Bakers2 replied on 12/07/2019 15:40

Posted on 12/07/2019 15:40

Another warm and dry day here again but quite breezy and cloudy, almost looking like well get some rain, but alas a few large spots over the last couple of days has been our lot. Our garden is desperate for some rain - even the buddleia is wilting!

Another early walk through the woods for us with the granddog, OH doing it too 😀. Out for a good hour or more on unstable terrain with slight inclines, this is Essex 😉, all be it slowly so more improvements. Despite much pleading son and DIL wont give her back to us, she was with us more than them for the first 2 years of her life, and get a puppy themselves!! The incentive to walk is so much better with a purpose - strolling roads locally doesn't inspire and he has to be encouraged 😂. Varying appointments and late rising embarassed discourages trips to other places at present! Then another 30 minutes plus late afternoon/early evening. I can see a big difference in 3 days.

Not done anything very constructive today, called at the out of town M & S for a few bits on our way back from the local estate. Followed by a trip to the hairdressers for the full works. Been a great day for drying washing but that means I have some ironing from today and earlier in the week, it maybe cool enough to do it later. Son gone off to play golf so later dinner this evening.

Birds are eating me out of seeds and fatballs - 8 fatballs plus a fat square a day 😯 such is the quantity of baby birds. 35 starlings on the TV aerials this morning waiting for me to do the ground feeding! We're on our 4th brood of robins and blackbirds to my knowledge! I do notice that the blackbird has ceased singing at 4am over the last week, maybe the breeding season is concluding??

moulesy replied on 12/07/2019 16:14

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:14

Been in and out all day trying to get the garden and lawns into some sort of shape, but Mrs M is out playing bridge so now I'm in enjoying a lovely cream tea (jam on the scones first,  obviously ) and settling down to, hopefully watch Roger give that nasty Rafael a good spanking! surprised

ABM replied on 12/07/2019 16:32

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:32

Just been watching Mr Djokovic ease into the next round { Final of course } then pause again in the house work to give the RSPB  magazine a stiff check over before vacuuming the stairs. Decided to take a rest from all that Hard Graft to see what the 'Vanning World is up to today. 

Sun is shining now and, although quite windy, them pesky showers have paused for a while at least.

Serious day tomorrow - sorting / loading motor ready for a four day stop at Ferry Meadows, then 2 nights at home to refill then about a fortnight  at Merrose Farm & Ramslade to try to educate them there southerers  wink

Roger & Rafael just arrived on court - Moulesy put your drink down & start Concentrating  laughing

ABM replied on 12/07/2019 16:45

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:45

B2,  It may be the end of the breeding season for your Blackbirds, but peeping out of the windows at TV aerials it seems that Wood Pigeons and Rooks are in full "smooching " mode round chez A B M  embarassed.

The bushes etc that I gently trimmed recently { savaged actually } seem to have recovered from the shock and are sprouting like billy-oh now. Perhaps I should be a little more severe in their regular treatment - they must provide decent cover for the sparrows, tits etcetera in their autumn / winter housing and I've given them a good talking to on that very subject  laughing!

ABM replied on 12/07/2019 16:51

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:14 by moulesy

Been in and out all day trying to get the garden and lawns into some sort of shape, but Mrs M is out playing bridge so now I'm in enjoying a lovely cream tea (jam on the scones first,  obviously ) and settling down to, hopefully watch Roger give that nasty Rafael a good spanking! surprised

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:51

Jam on the Scones first  surprised You Heathen, Moulesy, just when I thought you had come back from THAT particular Dark Side  undecided

moulesy replied on 12/07/2019 16:52

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:51 by ABM

Jam on the Scones first  surprised You Heathen, Moulesy, just when I thought you had come back from THAT particular Dark Side  undecided

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:52

Is there any other way? laughing

ABM replied on 12/07/2019 16:54

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:54

tongue-out

HARRUMMPH, Probably put Bovril On your bread & Marmite in hot water to drink as well innocent !!

ABM replied on 12/07/2019 17:34

Posted on 12/07/2019 16:14 by moulesy

Posted on 12/07/2019 17:34

First set over, Big M, but it's tight, oh so very tight.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook