What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ADD46 replied on 13/07/2019 17:20

Posted on 13/07/2019 17:20

We're away staying at a new cl to us called Furze Farm near Louth in Lincolnshire. It's a short tow (about 45 mins) due to work on Monday. 😐. What a surprise to find that we have our own emaculate toilet/shower room per pitch. 😮😊 (never had that before). We normally use our on board facilities but this is a very pleasant change. We've had a lovely pub lunch in a local restaurant and now relaxing back in the van having watched the F1 qualifying. This is what caravaning is all about. 😊 

Francis replied on 13/07/2019 17:49

Posted on 13/07/2019 17:49

Arrived here today at 2 this afternoon and are now all set up for the next couple of weeks. We left home on Thursday afternoon and stayed over at DAndy Dinmont caravan park near Carlisle and then yesterday headed down to CHapel Lane C&MC. Yesterday’s drive was long mainly due to roadworks on the M6-M5 horrendous but still we made it and had a nice night as usual at Chapel Lane. Moved on down here today nice easy 3 hour tow. Weather excellent so Cadac is on and we are sitting out enjoying the sun. Hope everyone else iis having a nice day too.

Wherenext replied on 13/07/2019 19:01

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:01

ADD, you do seem blessed with some very good CLs in your part of the world. Sounds wonderful.

Chilling as usual, Francis. laughinglaughing

HelenandTrevor replied on 13/07/2019 19:10

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:10

Today is our last day in North Devon. 😢 Weather has been a bit cloudy today but still warm. 

Stocked up with a few bits in Ifracombe this morning then back to the site to take the awning down. 

Just treating ourselves to a meal out tonight. 

It's been a fabulous week ☺

Will catch up with everything when home.

milliehull replied on 13/07/2019 19:32

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:32

Woke up this morning to an "off' smell in the kitchen. OH has very little sense of smell so no help ☹. Having cleared out cleaned most of the kitchen cupboards I finally tracked the smell. One of the eggs in my egg basket had cracked and gone bad. All sorted now but not the Saturday morning I had planned😁. Then got the bedrooma ready for son and family from N Ireland visit this week. Decided to go into town this afternoon for some retail therapy. Got a couple of bargains in the sales. Wilko had run out of our normal bird seed so had to get something different so we will see how that goes down🤔.

Glad you have enjoyed N Devon Helen. Such a lovely part of the country.

Enjoy your 'holiday' WN

Where are you Francis? I am sure you have told us but I must have missed it.

Enjoy Ferry Meadows ABM. I think it is dry.

huskydog replied on 13/07/2019 19:58

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:58

With all the things I've got going on ,I got a letter today from my doctor telling me I've now got Type 2 diabetes surprised, oh well I best put the cream cake back in the fridge undecided

moulesy replied on 13/07/2019 20:09

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:59 by Francis

In the New Forest Millie an area we haven’t really explored before so looking forward to the next couple of weeks

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:09

Francis - what route are you taking on your return? (I know, I know, you've only just arrived! wink)

If you are in the C&CC, we've found that diverting for a stop at the Wolverley site near Kidderminster means you can avoid most of the M5/M6 junction nightmare. smile

Wherenext replied on 13/07/2019 20:10

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:58 by huskydog

With all the things I've got going on ,I got a letter today from my doctor telling me I've now got Type 2 diabetes surprised, oh well I best put the cream cake back in the fridge undecided

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:10

I think you must have run over that black cat whilst it was under the ladder.

That's one tough week you've had HD. I daresay others with the same problem will be along to give you some advice. Good luck.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook