What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 13/07/2019 20:16

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:16

Busy, busy day again. OH cracking on with the outdoor work, I took a trip in to the shops.

Once home got stuck into helping OH, more painting of the new wood. 

Both now suffering sore backs and knees. 

Weather has been good, not totally blue skies but sunny and nice and warm. 

Ironing still not done laughinglaughing

Happy weekend folks, have a good one.

Francis replied on 13/07/2019 20:18

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:18

We have booked on to a CL near Blackpool for 2 nights on our way home so unfortunately will probably need to brace the M5 and M6 again. Will near that site in mind for next time we are down this way M. Many thanks

ADD46 replied on 13/07/2019 20:25

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:25

Wherenext - we do have some lovely cl's here. We seem to be building quite a repotroire of weekend sites. 😊 I must admit, we did initially balk at the price of this one (£20 or £25 weekends) as Lincolnshire rates tend to be £15 a night but this place is 5 star and as a one off I don't mind the price. The owners are very approachable and friendly and there's even a games room with a pool table and dart board. We've just played three games of pool where I managed a few good shots (accidentally ☺️) but OH beat me. 

brue replied on 13/07/2019 20:27

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:27

Fingers crossed they complete the M5 Oldbury viaduct works by the autumn as planned Francis. Last year when it was really bad we went off on the M42 from the M5, then took the M6 toll north of Brum. Didn't help a huge amount due to the smart system going in on the M6, it took us 9 hours to get to the Lakes. They seem to do the most roadworks they can in the school holidays. wink

moulesy replied on 13/07/2019 20:31

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:31

ADD - I was watching Gardeners World last night and there was a report about a wildflower meadow near Louth. It was mainly the work of one 80+ year old guy who'd overseen the conversion of 60 acres of arable land into a traditional meadow, largey through growing cowslips from seed at his home. I think it might have been one of the "jubilee meadows". Certainly worth keeping an eye open for while you're there. smile 

nelliethehooker replied on 13/07/2019 20:44

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:44

My goodness HD, you've had a tough week there. Glad to hear that your mum has had her op and is obviously feeling a good bit better. Hope that the consultation for OH's hip op goes well and that the sale of the shop finally goes through.

I had to the do the Bowel Cancer Smear test when we got back home and the results came back normal, thankfully. After visits to the dentist for us both OH has to go back to have a couple of fillings done on Friday. It's going to be a busy end to the week, what with Smart meters being installed Wednesday morning, OH's 6 monthly blood check in the afternoon, caravan service Thursday, and if all's well there booking our next trip. I completed the polishing of the inside of the caravan today, and decided to clean the outside facing sides of the concertina screes.....wish I hadn't bothered, as it took me 3/4hrs to do one small on. Only another 7 to go!!!yell

Glad you've had a good time in S.Devon, Helen and have a safe tow home.

moulesy replied on 13/07/2019 20:47

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:36 by ADD46

Moulesy - we haven't seen that. 60 acres is a lot of land. Will do some research tonight and see if we can find it. Thank you. 

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:47

The guy's name was Harry Turner and I meant a "coronation meadow" not jubilee! smile

DavidKlyne replied on 13/07/2019 20:51

Posted on 13/07/2019 19:58 by huskydog

With all the things I've got going on ,I got a letter today from my doctor telling me I've now got Type 2 diabetes surprised, oh well I best put the cream cake back in the fridge undecided

Posted on 13/07/2019 20:51

HD

I assume that because of all the preamble you would have had prior to the letter it is not a complete surprise? I suppose more or new medication to follow?

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook