What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 16/11/2019 01:22

Posted on 15/11/2019 21:50 by ABM

Oh, dearie me yes TTDA surprised  the pleasures to be obtained from horses !!

Out riding down the beach at Dunbar, fifty odd years since and before we were wise enough to know that such numbers of horses may well have their own hierarchy. I was getting a bit of speed up, the one I was passing snapped a fine set of gnashers into my nags shoulder, so it went sharp left!!  Suffice to say I carried on in my blissful ignorance, described the perfect flying double  forward roll along the beach { The only one I ever did smile } and got some gritty Scottish sand in some strange places   !!  Re-mounted,finished the work-out,  and retired from geegee life !  I think my language just might have been the last straw for  that relationship !  Never saw her nor the back of a horse in close up again after that holiday  frown

Posted on 16/11/2019 01:22

I have a permanent piece of metal buried deep in my right shoulder.......the horse and I were jumping a double, he ducked out at the second fence........I carried on. Apparently I emptied a bottle of Entenox getting to hospital, but I can’t really remember that much to be honest🤪 We had him a further 20 years after that, so  I think I still loved him😁

Goldie146 replied on 16/11/2019 10:19

Posted on 16/11/2019 10:19

A busy day so far (for OH if not for me) - a cow calving, then the cow ran off so much shouting round the yard.

But this afternoon we're off to Harrogate to see Squeeze (surely you've heard of them? LINK. It's at the Convention centre, so we're treating ourselves and staying in the adjoining Plaza hotel. And more of a treat (ridiculously more), we've gone for the VIP package. Meet and Greet etc and a few extra goodies. But as we paid for it all months ago, it will seem like a free night out!

brue replied on 16/11/2019 11:44

Posted on 16/11/2019 11:44

Enjoy it al Goldie!

I've just come in for a break, planting a lot of tulip bulbs and then some alliums to follow.  After that, just a lot of pruning to do. Our apple gatherers have volunteered to prune the cider apples later as long as they can keep the wood...fair exchange for quite a lot of work.

Sunny here so it's good to get out, hope you all enjoy your day too. smile

SeasideBill replied on 16/11/2019 11:58

Posted on 16/11/2019 11:58

we're off to Harrogate to see Squeeze (surely you've heard of them?

Great band, one of my favourites. I’ve seen them several times including a session with Lulu a few years back - brilliant. I have tickets to see Chris Difford in St Austell on 27 November, but unfortunately change in circumstances mean I’ve had to give them to our neighbours!

DavidKlyne replied on 16/11/2019 12:38

Posted on 16/11/2019 10:19 by Goldie146

A busy day so far (for OH if not for me) - a cow calving, then the cow ran off so much shouting round the yard.

But this afternoon we're off to Harrogate to see Squeeze (surely you've heard of them? LINK. It's at the Convention centre, so we're treating ourselves and staying in the adjoining Plaza hotel. And more of a treat (ridiculously more), we've gone for the VIP package. Meet and Greet etc and a few extra goodies. But as we paid for it all months ago, it will seem like a free night out!

Posted on 16/11/2019 12:38

I think I had a twenty year hiatus in my music listening whilst the kids were growing up, so I sort of went from the Beatles to Brit Pop when my eldest son became interested in pop music! The name seems familiar but I don't know their music. I did just have a listen to one of the their songs on YouTube, Up the Junction which seemed to me very much like Pulp's Common People in style, but of course it must predate Pulp by many years?

David

SeasideBill replied on 16/11/2019 13:23

Posted on 16/11/2019 13:23

but of course it must predate Pulp by many years?

Certainly does.....most famous member was the evergreen Jools Holland.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/11/2019 15:01

Posted on 16/11/2019 15:01

I remember Squeeze. Have seen Jools in concert a couple of times, always good fun. Usually interesting guests as well. 

Goldie146 replied on 16/11/2019 16:07

Posted on 16/11/2019 16:07

We’ve been fans of Squeeze for what seems like forever. Until the last few years we’ve not seen them live (except for a rather strange gig in Kendal Leisure Centre). But now they are one of the bands we travel for.

Plus we go to solo gigs by Glenn Tilbrook and Chris Difford (main men and song writers). In fact for OH’s 70th birthday last year I arranged a secret House Concert with Chris Difford. 

We are now relaxing up on the 9th floor of the hotel. So high that OH ‘s nose has been bleeding. 

JVB66 replied on 16/11/2019 17:10

Posted on 15/11/2019 23:58 by Tammygirl

Well thank you for the explanation JV, however some sites seem to manage to do the gents at say 10.30, then the ladies at 11.15, followed by the dish wash and laundry, finishing all task by 12.00.

Shame when they rebuilt the facilities they didn't make sure the plumbing or pump etc was up to the job. Water pressure is pathetic in both showers and sinks. 

Didn't go for our meal tonight after all, now rescheduled for tomorrow.

Posted on 16/11/2019 17:10

But then  they are normally not single couple siteswink

JVB66 replied on 16/11/2019 17:26

Posted on 15/11/2019 23:58 by Tammygirl

Well thank you for the explanation JV, however some sites seem to manage to do the gents at say 10.30, then the ladies at 11.15, followed by the dish wash and laundry, finishing all task by 12.00.

Shame when they rebuilt the facilities they didn't make sure the plumbing or pump etc was up to the job. Water pressure is pathetic in both showers and sinks. 

Didn't go for our meal tonight after all, now rescheduled for tomorrow.

Posted on 16/11/2019 17:26

The facilties at Commons Wood have not been rebiult just repaired after the fire  in the roofwhich also caused internanl damage the only other work was some new panels and some work on the dish wash area and a repaint, i understand the fire was caused by a fault in the roof electrics (when contractors were at workundecided) as seems numerous fires startsurprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook