What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 18/11/2019 08:42

Posted on 18/11/2019 08:42

my Mum served at Hunstanton during the war

In 1943 my dad returned from the desert after being wounded. He and then went up to Weybourne for a few months before departing for D Day

Nice day yesterday, went to Breydon Water for a walk, unfortunately the tide was right in so very few waders around.  Followed that with a trip to Lowestoft to have a look at a chop saw, no luck there

JVB66 replied on 18/11/2019 08:53

Posted on 18/11/2019 08:53

What a horrible thing to happen Millie, glad everyone is fine although shook up 

It was only when our Grand daughter was with me in our car at a round about and had done my usual "guess where I am going"to a driver who only signalled when leaving that she advised that it is now only a requirement to indicate when leaving at your exit ,instead of in the past to indicate before your exitsurprised 

brue replied on 18/11/2019 09:15

Posted on 18/11/2019 09:15

Sorry to hear about the accident Millie, difficult to deal with on a roundabout with fast flowing traffic, your daughter did well coping in that situation, do hope you are all feeling a bit better today. 

I hope you can ask about your cataracts with the optician soon. I have been told mine are progressing slowly but I know my eyesight is getting worse so it's a real nuisance.

Sunny here, got to start getting ready for our short break in the east!

brue replied on 18/11/2019 09:19

Posted on 18/11/2019 09:19

PS I was doing some family history on line recently and I suddenly realised I often looked up what the men did in WW1 and 2 and hadn't looked for the female records. I found my Aunty's records that day (stationed at Oban) so I'm now trying to find my Mum in law's too. Trouble is she used different names as she didn't like her original names and war records are quite casual with names, Harrys and Bills rather than Henrys and Williams!

moulesy replied on 18/11/2019 15:16

Posted on 18/11/2019 15:16

Had an email this morning from one of the old Arthritis Quiz regulars asking me to run a quiz night for RNLI next year. The three Arthritis branches I ran them for have all folded now so I've had some time on my hands (never a good thing according to Mrs M) so it'll be good to get back in the saddle again! smile

brue replied on 18/11/2019 15:54

Posted on 18/11/2019 15:54

OH reminded one of our elderly neighbours that we were off to Cromer soon. The reply...."Oh Rome, how wonderful..."

OH spelt it out more carefully C_R_O_M_E_R

Next reply, "oh,  frown that's a long way to go for the cold.."

(I suppose it is isn't it? wink laughing)

Francis replied on 18/11/2019 17:51

Posted on 18/11/2019 17:51

Got up this morning and the whole site was covered in frost we had left the heating in the van on overnight so we were warm. Went and had lunch at The Kirkstone Inn we were the first customers of the day but by the time we left the pub was very busy as usual the food was excellent. After lunch we took a drive in to Kendal while SWMBO went  around the shops I went and had a pint of Landlord at the newly refurbished Shakespeare Inn they have done a good job although they no longer have a pool table. The drive home wasn’t the greatest as we went up Shap just as the fog descended  could hardly see in front of us not ideal. Now back at the van with the heating up full nice and cosey we won’t be venturing out again tonight. 

Millie sorry to hear about the accident glad everyone is ok 

Francis replied on 18/11/2019 18:30

Posted on 18/11/2019 17:56 by moulesy

We'll have to give the Kirkstone another go when we're up there next year Francis! smile

Posted on 18/11/2019 18:30

I would give it another shot. We have been going for years and love it also it has had new owners for the past couple of years. Meals nice at a reasonable price and the views are lovely. 

Tammygirl replied on 18/11/2019 19:33

Posted on 18/11/2019 19:33

Lovely day here after a couple of light showers early on. 

Took a walk through the woods to the C&MC site, nice site more open than the C&CC one, bit nicer too, pitches bigger and not so 'rustic'  if we come here again I think we would use the C&MC site smile

Did a bit of food shopping as the fridge and cupboards were barelaughing  then a spot of lunch back at the caravan. 

After lunch drove to Kings Lynn, big mistake as we came back with 3 new pairs of trainers,  2 for me 1 for OH.laughinglaughing I know I've been there before back in 1970 with my parents. We were visiting my Mum's sister and family who lived in Pinchbeck,  Nr Spalding. Can't say I recognised anything.

Looking at going round the coast tomorrow smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook