What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 03/12/2019 22:06

Posted on 03/12/2019 22:06

Another frosty start but bright sunny day in East Norfolk.  Had to go into Yarmouth so took the opportunity to walk on the beach at south denes to the harbours mouth/outer harbour.  Great views out to see but also the the construction yards where the wind turbines are assembled prior to shipping.  Plenty of wildlife around, couple of seals, snow buntings etc

ABM replied on 03/12/2019 22:24

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:56 by milliehull

I found it quite depressing going through our Christmas card list brue. Quite a few no longer with us 😥

Posted on 03/12/2019 22:24

There some who would say A B M's " not been with us " for a long time now MillieH  wink but he's still expected to all the Christmassy things !!

replied on 04/12/2019 08:57

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:56 by milliehull

I found it quite depressing going through our Christmas card list brue. Quite a few no longer with us 😥

Posted on 04/12/2019 08:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 04/12/2019 09:20

Posted on 04/12/2019 09:20

I’m still weather watching here. Snow forecast later in month, so Wales won’t happen, looking to stay this side of Pennines. We did consider a cottage, but the pooch and last night’s vet bill was a shocker😱 so MH it will be! I like to do my Xmas cards while away in MH, it’s not a task I enjoy, but I can do a few each evening. OH always makes me chuckle, asks if we have done cards each year........hasn’t written any for last thirty plus years!😂

brue replied on 04/12/2019 09:44

Posted on 04/12/2019 09:44

Good idea to venture away from the snow if possible TDA, hope you find somewhere.

A beautiful morning here but very frosty, now venturing out for a bit more Christmas shopping at Clarks Village...OH has a pain in his wallet already. wink

JVB66 replied on 04/12/2019 09:50

Posted on 04/12/2019 09:50

Cold frosty clear sunny start to the day when out with Rosa until about 10mins into walk when crossing one of the fields and the fog came down just like a curtain and within 5 mins it was really thick ,all that could be seen were faint outlines of others until almost in front of me,,but by the time we got  back home (just  over an hour) it was back to clear sunny sky againsurprised

Takethedogalong replied on 04/12/2019 10:19

Posted on 04/12/2019 09:44 by brue

Good idea to venture away from the snow if possible TDA, hope you find somewhere.

A beautiful morning here but very frosty, now venturing out for a bit more Christmas shopping at Clarks Village...OH has a pain in his wallet already. wink

Posted on 04/12/2019 10:19

We have plenty of options, although will only book until weather looks likely to change. OH’s compass always points North, so I sort of have an idea of where we will end up.......again😂 But it’s his trip, his choice. 

Tammygirl replied on 04/12/2019 13:02

Posted on 04/12/2019 13:02

Dry day here so far, couple of hours spent in the garden, more leaf raking. OH up a ladder clearing out the gutters.

Now back inside, pot of soup on the hob almost done, good job as my tummy is rumbling laughing

Still waiting for a call from my LPG supplier yell still waiting for a delivery of gas as well. 

While its milder temperatures outside here, the wind has started to pick up so its feeling quite chilly in exposed places. 

Not sure what we are going to do this afternoon but I'm not going out and tomorrow its forecast to be horrible rain frown might look out some Christmas cards, think I have some left from last year, we don't do many these days.

ABM replied on 04/12/2019 14:41

Posted on 04/12/2019 14:41

Ghastly, awfull, 'orrid nights sleep,  all broken up -- drowse wake drowse etcetera so got another Five chapters read frown.

Got up to a light frost in Cheshire so took advantage of Curry Shops We will recycle your old appliance offer after buying a C D radio thingummy yesterday, then took the Ducky for a decent drive to get it thoroughly warmed & aired ( not a good ecological decision but needs must embarassed ). Down a country lane just south of Knutsford I was so pleased to see a full ' charm ' of goldfinches flit across my path.  There must have been a good dozen of them and I was lucky to see them  'cos the low sun reflecting off the damp tarmac was making driving  unpleasantcool. Not, of course, helped by the presence on my nose of a pair of mucky specktacles !!.

Now working hard to stay awake till bedtime, then I'm hoping to sleep the clock round again, thats one of my favourite pastimes this time of year  embarassed.

Be nice & kind to each other and get those cards done please  smile

Wherenext replied on 04/12/2019 15:33

Posted on 04/12/2019 15:33

What's this about snow and Wales Ttda? Nobody told me. Might join you going "north". When is this snowfest supposed to happen?

Another sunny day with a nip in the air. Had a good walk this morning and took the ladies to a local garden centre this afternoon, as if their purses have not squealed enough, as MiL needed some craft stuff. Poinsettias bought and first Christmas card of the year received. 

Got home just in time to get up a ladder and do some sealing on the soffat boards where some rainfall drips down the brickwork.

Nellie, the ladies arrived home safe but not exactly sound. Knackered might be the operative word. Whilst they enjoyed it I don't think it will be repeated anytime soon.smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook