What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 08/12/2019 19:36

Posted on 08/12/2019 12:06 by richardandros

Trawling though all the weather forecast sites, trying to decide whether or not we are going to be able to collect the caravan from the dealer's in Tebay, Cumbria, tomorrow - after the repair following the 'air rifle' incident. It's been there nearly a month now and as daft as it sounds, we actually miss having the van on the drive.

It doesn't look as if the storm is going to affect the north as badly as it appears to be hitting the south-west and the predicted 40/50 mph winds are now predicted to be a manageable 17-20mph - so I'm hoping we'll be in a 'go' situation.

Posted on 08/12/2019 19:36

We've been watching the forecast for over week now R&R, and booked our site for tomorrow as that seemed to be the best of the days. We will be towing over towards the east so any wind should be behind us, hopefully. We have heavy rain at the moment but it is forecast to die away through the night.

ABM replied on 08/12/2019 22:15

Posted on 08/12/2019 22:15

What a  weird site this is, to be sure undecided. Just posted on " Introductions " then scrolled south to see what you all are doing & find my Post has popped up on the Over-seas touring thread the same as the other two responses  --  I've never seen that happen before surprised Hope the Club don't charge me double this year money-mouth

DavidKlyne replied on 09/12/2019 00:12

Posted on 08/12/2019 22:15 by ABM

What a  weird site this is, to be sure undecided. Just posted on " Introductions " then scrolled south to see what you all are doing & find my Post has popped up on the Over-seas touring thread the same as the other two responses  --  I've never seen that happen before surprised Hope the Club don't charge me double this year money-mouth

Posted on 09/12/2019 00:12

Brian

It's strange that it shows in both places on the right of the categories but if you click the link that appears in the Introductions it takes you to Overseas. I did the same thing!!! Often people unfamiliar with the forum post in the first section they see because they are unsure of where to post. Easy enough for us to move if need be.

David

richardandros replied on 09/12/2019 04:15

Posted on 08/12/2019 19:36 by nelliethehooker

We've been watching the forecast for over week now R&R, and booked our site for tomorrow as that seemed to be the best of the days. We will be towing over towards the east so any wind should be behind us, hopefully. We have heavy rain at the moment but it is forecast to die away through the night.

Posted on 09/12/2019 04:15

Have a safe journey, Nellie.  I've just checked the weather reports along our route and it's looking OK.  As you can see, it's an early start for us because I want to leave here by 6am and be in Tebay by 9am to give us as much daylight as possible for the journey back home.

Goldie146 replied on 09/12/2019 09:05

Posted on 09/12/2019 09:05

Back to reality today after a weekend off. We had very old friends to stay (old as in same age as me to within a day, and friends since ballroom dancing lessons in the 60's). It's wonderful to have someone that you can say anything to, or produce a less than elegant pudding, and they don't judge you.

So lots of food, drink and talk. And celebrating from the "girls" when we soundly beat the "boys" at Canasta.

But this morning the alarm went off at 04:58 (so we're alert enough to listen to the 05:00 News) and OH is wrapped up well and working outside. Paperwork and making dinner for me. This afternoon someone is coming down from Radio Cumbria to record and talk about us hedging. If it's OK it will probably be on The Great Outdoors on Thursday night. Always worth a listen even if we're not on!

Takethedogalong replied on 09/12/2019 10:38

Posted on 09/12/2019 10:38

A very windy night here, but we are hunkered down snugly out of the worst of the wind. Blue skies and sunshine at the moment. We were up at Grosmont enjoying all the train activities yesterday, then into a great little cafe for some tasty soup in front of a roaring stove. 

I’d post a photo, but......🙄

Tammygirl replied on 09/12/2019 11:11

Posted on 09/12/2019 11:11

Very windy overnight and early this morning. Got up to lovely bright sunshine and almost clear skies what a change, must have had frost in the early hours as a few twinkles of ice showing in wet patches out of the sun. 

OH had an appointment at GP's this morning, his Ultrasound came back normal. So next stage is a referral and CT scan. Doctor said he's fairly confident there is nothing wrong, as all the tests are coming back normal. However he can't be 100% sure, hence the referral and CT scan to put minds at ease. 

To wet and chilly for outdoor work so more sorting of cupboards and drawers indoors. 

Safe journey to NTH and R&R.

ABM replied on 09/12/2019 14:20

Posted on 09/12/2019 14:20

Goldie,    Its good to see that you have recovered enough from the  dreaded lurgy and flying dust motes to get the pudding basins out and sharpen those 'card dealers finger ' reflexes  & enjoy yourselves while Hedging your bets   smile

HuskyD,  always good to hear that your Lady has not suffered from " Anti-Surgeryitis "  following her recent operation, thus allowing her to organise the shoulder surgery with a calm outlook.

P.S. / Edit  --  Does that mean you got such Good Marks for your recent  "Solo Run " that you are being trusted to do it again, Sam   even if you are actually HD   wink

TammyG,  it is great to know that your OH is getting a full  workover to ensure his physical status is as good as it can be.  Too many reports over the last few months of people not getting the proper checks done when needed  and suffering badly as a result.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook