What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 15/01/2020 16:02

Posted on 15/01/2020 15:42 by brue

See my oft repeated comments in the vehicle and EV sections on here...hydrogen, mileage tax, all sorts of things will change in the future as they always do.  But at present our EV and our old classic car don't attract vehicle tax....you could tow with a vintage car JVB? winksmile

Posted on 15/01/2020 16:02

Our 1960 Rover 100 is still going,as it is seen on our local roads on occasionscry it is surprising just how small it is compaired to our Sportage when it is parked with itsurprised

Ps latest owner not selling itfrown

Oneputt replied on 15/01/2020 17:47

Posted on 15/01/2020 17:47

Busy day here.  Had to get Mrs Ones car started and get to town for a new battery.  It was 11 years old and only does short journeys, so not too bad.  Called in at electrical wholesalers and spent over £400 on parts for the scout hut. Amongst other stuff going to change all the light fittingS to LED and change some of the sockets to include USB.  Delivered stuff to scout hut.  
This afternoon went to hospital for a blood test, in and out within 10 minutes so as it was a lovely day walked home via beach and river

KjellNN replied on 15/01/2020 20:25

Posted on 15/01/2020 20:25

Text today from NHS saying I had been referred for an ultrasound, which was news to me, though it had been discussed about 7 weeks back, and could I come on Friday!  Ring this number.

So I now have an 11.15 appointment, hospital just 5 minutes from DD's house.   Should only take 15 minutes they say, which is just as well as OH has an appointment at a different hospital, about 15 minutes away, at 14.15.  

Meantime, I have caught whatever it was that OH had and have the same terrible cough.  Hopefully it will not last as long as hers has.

Additional handles for DD's utility room have arrived and are now fitted. Tomorrow we need to source tile  trim from our local B&Q, tiles arrive tomorrow so will be able to get on with them immediately.

JVB66 replied on 15/01/2020 20:30

Posted on 15/01/2020 20:25 by KjellNN

Text today from NHS saying I had been referred for an ultrasound, which was news to me, though it had been discussed about 7 weeks back, and could I come on Friday!  Ring this number.

So I now have an 11.15 appointment, hospital just 5 minutes from DD's house.   Should only take 15 minutes they say, which is just as well as Oh has an appointment at a different hospital, about 15 minutes away, at 14.15.  

Meantime, I have caught whatever it was that OH had and have the same terrible cough.  Hopefully it will not last as long as hers has.

Additional handles for DD's utility room have arrived and are now fitted. Tomorrow we need to source tile  trim from our local B&Q, tiles arrive tomorrow so will be able to get on with them immediately.

Posted on 15/01/2020 20:30

I take it you will ring the "clinic"and advise of your cough as it may affect if you can have the ultrasoundsurprised

nelliethehooker replied on 15/01/2020 20:39

Posted on 15/01/2020 20:39

Lovely sunny day here, so OH was able to get most of the laundry dry on the line for a change, and all our walks out were in the dry. Called in at the Doc's this afternoon to check up on referral for Dexa Scan. Secretary cannot deal with it as it goes to a separate agency to allocate appointments, so after contacting Lancaster, who no longer do it, onto Westmorland Hospital, and now waiting for them to phone me with the date. Hope we won't have to come home from next trip just for a 15 min scan. 

Hope you soon get over your lurgy, Kjell, and that you don't get any more power cuts brue.

brue replied on 15/01/2020 20:43

Posted on 15/01/2020 20:43

Enjoy your break WN, nice to get away.

Kj hope you feel better soon and you can get to your appointment. OH took an unexpected phone call from the hospital today and he's going in for an eye appointment tomorrow AM (I'll be going too as he won't be able to drive afterwards.) The tests should have been done last December so at least they hadn't forgotten.

I phoned for a local hair appointment next week and they are all suffering with this rotten bug, hairdressers husband was manning the phone with a voice that sounded like cracked concrete! 

edit   Posted at the same time Nellie, good luck with the scan, hope it's sooner rather later.

Cornersteady replied on 15/01/2020 22:08

Posted on 15/01/2020 22:08

Just watched Sunday's episode of Vera. I was amazed to see that the location for the school they used was a school I had done some supply work last year. It is Tanfield School in a place called Stanley which is up the road from Beamish Museum.

The reason I was so amazed is that it's bit off the beaten track and it must have taken some really good, and perhaps local, 'location spotters' to find it.  I doubt many locals would know where it is.

And an excellent school to work in btw.

KjellNN replied on 15/01/2020 22:30

Posted on 15/01/2020 20:30 by JVB66

I take it you will ring the "clinic"and advise of your cough as it may affect if you can have the ultrasoundsurprised

Posted on 15/01/2020 22:30

I did mention it when I booked the time, they did not seem concerned.  The only requirement they had was that I should try to drink 1.5 litres of water 2 hours before attending.

ABM replied on 15/01/2020 22:34

Posted on 15/01/2020 22:08 by Cornersteady

Just watched Sunday's episode of Vera. I was amazed to see that the location for the school they used was a school I had done some supply work last year. It is Tanfield School in a place called Stanley which is up the road from Beamish Museum.

The reason I was so amazed is that it's bit off the beaten track and it must have taken some really good, and perhaps local, 'location spotters' to find it.  I doubt many locals would know where it is.

And an excellent school to work in btw.

Posted on 15/01/2020 22:34

Hmmmmm,

That's another fine mess you've got me into,  STANLEY  !!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook