What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 22/05/2020 20:01

Posted on 21/05/2020 12:11 by moulesy

"Yes we do have a name for puppy, all will be revealed on Friday 😀"

Will be looking forward to the revelation! smile

We've never been in the position of choosing a name, Harry was youngest at 6 months when he came to us. Ralph, apparently, was called Sebastian by his first owner (only for a couple of months) - certainly don't fancy calling out that when I'm trying to recall him! laughing

Posted on 22/05/2020 20:01

All our dogs have been puppies when we got them a d so had the pleasure,of naming them ourselves. The first came at a time when I was reading Lord of the Rings to the kids, so we chose Strider (nickname of Aragorn in the book). Then the next had to have a connection, and we didn't think any of the other of the book's characters' names appropriate so chose Reuel instead, J.R.R. Tolkien's 3rd Christian name. Our 3rd we called Beren, from the Silmarilion and JRR's nickname too. Finally we ran out of Tolkien connections, but as after we had Beren put to sleep at Malton we went and sat for a while opposite the lake at Castle Howard, and in memory of that we name our current dog Flyte, after Sebastian Flyte from Brideshead Revisted, filmed at the castle. We too didn't think Sebastian an appropriate name for a Springer.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/05/2020 20:32

Posted on 22/05/2020 20:32

We had a little rain overnight,but today has been dry but very windy. Spent nearly an hour driving down and waiting at our recycling centre this morning before getting rid of a car load of wood and garden waste. After lunch a rather energy sapping 4 mile or so walk. 

We managed a walk up one of Wainwright's Outlying Fells on Wednesday, Great Burley, and saw 3 others there,  and after lunch a trot along above Dunnerdale. There were lots of vehicles, including 3 M/Hs parked alongside Coniston Water as we came past from Torver towards Nibthwaite. 

Bakers2 replied on 22/05/2020 20:56

Posted on 22/05/2020 20:56

Couldn't resist sharing this one with you all.

Nellie great names for dogs.

I admire anyone reading Lord of the Rings, I got lost with it, even watching the films 😲, but to read it aloud I am impressed. I tried it on cassette in the car when driving - still lost couldn't remember if I'd heard that side or not - hopeless case 😂

Tammygirl replied on 22/05/2020 21:11

Posted on 22/05/2020 20:32 by nelliethehooker

We had a little rain overnight,but today has been dry but very windy. Spent nearly an hour driving down and waiting at our recycling centre this morning before getting rid of a car load of wood and garden waste. After lunch a rather energy sapping 4 mile or so walk. 

We managed a walk up one of Wainwright's Outlying Fells on Wednesday, Great Burley, and saw 3 others there,  and after lunch a trot along above Dunnerdale. There were lots of vehicles, including 3 M/Hs parked alongside Coniston Water as we came past from Torver towards Nibthwaite. 

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:11

Wish we could get rid of the garden rubbish, although they are opening them next week its only for domestic waste surprised no bulk items and no garden waste. Flipping waste of time, we have 12 big bags of garden waste. According to the council that's not until phase 2 yell 

robsail replied on 22/05/2020 21:22

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:11 by Tammygirl

Wish we could get rid of the garden rubbish, although they are opening them next week its only for domestic waste surprised no bulk items and no garden waste. Flipping waste of time, we have 12 big bags of garden waste. According to the council that's not until phase 2 yell 

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:22

Edinburgh's garden waste was picked up this week!

Tammygirl replied on 22/05/2020 21:45

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:22 by robsail

Edinburgh's garden waste was picked up this week!

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:45

They have been emptying the brown garden bin every 2 weeks as normal but with a big garden we need access to the recycle garden waste. According to our council they are only taking bagged general waste, no DIY waste, no bulky items and no garden waste. Seems daft, they wonder why folk are fly tipping. No trailers, no vans and only 6 bags if waste per car, only one person at a time is allowed out of the car, they will not help so if its a 2 person lift you can't take it.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/05/2020 22:08

Posted on 22/05/2020 20:56 by Bakers2

Couldn't resist sharing this one with you all.

Nellie great names for dogs.

I admire anyone reading Lord of the Rings, I got lost with it, even watching the films 😲, but to read it aloud I am impressed. I tried it on cassette in the car when driving - still lost couldn't remember if I'd heard that side or not - hopeless case 😂

Posted on 22/05/2020 22:08

It was a nightly ritual with us especially when away in the caravan. Both The Hobbit, and LotR, have been read that many times that our copies are falling to bits. I must have read it at least a couple of times myself apart from when reading to the kids.

nelliethehooker replied on 22/05/2020 22:12

Posted on 22/05/2020 21:11 by Tammygirl

Posted on 22/05/2020 22:12

The  Brown bins have been collected here every other week for the last month, but as we're not usually home enough to warrant the cost of their collection all we do is bag up our garden waste and I drive down to the Recycling Centre as and when required, during normal circumstances.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook