What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 03/06/2020 11:45

Posted on 03/06/2020 11:45

You can almost hear the grass sighing Millie.

Strange isn't it? Here we are in June and rejoicing at having some rain at last in North Wales. What a weird year we are having.

heddlo replied on 03/06/2020 13:07

Posted on 03/06/2020 11:45 by Wherenext

You can almost hear the grass sighing Millie.

Strange isn't it? Here we are in June and rejoicing at having some rain at last in North Wales. What a weird year we are having.

Posted on 03/06/2020 13:07

We have been thinking the same thing.  Really glad to see some rain here at last!  As you say seems a weird situation being happy about rain, hope it knows when to stop! 

Wherenext replied on 03/06/2020 13:25

Posted on 03/06/2020 13:25

I didn't know whether to be annoyed at the constant sunshine and good weather when we first started "lockdown". The thought of what we could have been doing making me feel that way. But I quickly switched to thinking how much worse it would have been not getting out and having rain all the time. It really would have been a lockdown then so one of the pluses about this whole thing has been the decent weather.

Of course my view might be different if I was in one of the groups in the Shielded sector or someone who didn't have access to a lovely piece of countryside to enjoy or even a garden to work on and sit out in.

Lucky in some many ways.

Still raining quite hard.

ADD46 replied on 03/06/2020 13:50

Posted on 03/06/2020 13:50

It’s been raining all day here (thankfully) nice and steady. The front lawn is sighing. It was beginning to look quite brown, as we’ve not had rain even if it was forecast. We seem to have our own dry little microclimate here and clay soil 😣.
I’m still working from home with no (intention πŸ˜‰) sign of us all being called back into the office. I’m on a day off today. As I can’t get in the garden, I’m sat enjoying looking at it. I have a white iceberg rose that’s drooping under the weight of all its flowers.
Just had a thank you text from my brother in law. We ordered some Fat Rascal cakes from Betty’s in York to be delivered for his birthday. Being locked down has certainly given us the initiative to find other ways of sending gifts. I may continue with this sort of “shopping”. I’m already planning for the next family birthday by looking at The Pie Company website. And the one good thing is, you know the recipient will be at home to take the delivery. πŸ€—

brue replied on 03/06/2020 14:35

Posted on 03/06/2020 14:35

ADD46. We had some Betty's Fat Rascals in the post a few weeks ago, a nice treat!

Still trying to book a Covid19 home test kit. The main gist appears to be that the website say kits are available and when you get to the end of the application and you're given a code number no tests are available. Looking a bit further into things it says " Even if you are successful in your application you might not get a test !! " (Who thought that one up?) Someone has told me to keep going but I think ten goes is enough? 

I might try late at night, rather like a supermarket delivery slot application...

Meanwhile I feel a bit better than I did on Monday. smile

Keep clean and carry on!

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 14:40

Posted on 03/06/2020 14:40

Good to read others news. 

On the insurance front I've decided 1st year, just in case, and unless there's anything untoward that'll be it. Like you milliehull we've never insured our cats, a hit and run broken pelvis, and growth on an ear were expensive at the time, especially as 2 children one wage, but our rainy day money covered it and could slowly be trickled back. The benefits of a credit card, Access I think in those days πŸ˜‰, delayed it for another few weeks.

Milliehull I bet you did see a vast change in your great grandson - must have been a tough task not to hug him 😒😒. And yes is knocking heads together sufficient? 😀😀

Mad morning here, made chocolate brownies and cup cakes - great recipe KjNelln best I've ever made πŸ˜€ both made and iced by 8am 🀣🀣

My brother and SIL called in after checking in mums and grass cutting, grave watering πŸ˜‚, planned, he bought me 2 beefsteak tomato plants and asked if I would like a butternut squash plant, yes I said. There were 4 in the pot. He reattached out weather vane and finial to the apex of the shed, apparently the wood is soft, so will need replacing and probably the reason it blew down. I do miss a man who could 😒. 

Whilst they were here, knew it would be a flying visit the guy came to check the conservatory roof, supposed to be early afternoon 2.30 onwards 😱. We had moisture inbetween the layers - could I find the photo? No! Could I find the email with said photo? No! Of course its dried now  and anyway today is the first day we've pulled the blinds back on the roof and windows! He did some resealing and now we wait to see. 

He left brother left very soon after but not before I'd got him to remove a screw on a handle I want to change that neither I nor OH could shift.

Mad planting, first find big enough pots 😱. So very late lunch. Now letting it go down but I can feel the odd spot so must just finish tidying up plants, plenty to keep me occupied inside if we get the forecast wet stuff. Grey, warm a tad muggy, here but rain will be welcome. Agree with Wherenext it would/will be so much harder if we can't get outside.

ADD46 I know what you mean about creative presents, my aunt and uncle celebrate their diamond wedding wedding anniversary in the 25th, I was the young bridesmaid πŸ˜€. Sadly my granddaughters won't be here to wear my dress 😒 even assuming freedom to mix πŸ˜‰, as my daughter did on their 30th as she was the same age and right size! Because we have no idea of what can/cant happened I've ordered a gift card for posh afternoon tea to be delivered to them when they choose and a floral arrangement from a local lady round the corner who I discovered because of lockdown. It's an ill wind...........

Damp spots have stopped but must crack on!

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 15:37

Posted on 03/06/2020 15:37

Brue madness 😱. You really couldnt make it up! Yet there they stand and tell you they have the capacity........ 😀. Drink and brewery spring to mind!

More or Less radio4 was interesting again this morning on the subject. When they have analysed what's out there I can completely understand the ONS guy was making his point. That is of course if the figures they obtained are correct πŸ˜‰. Similarly over number of deaths. 😀😒Still think there's lots of material for study for years to come.

Tidied pots of plants, gave everything another good soaking - the pots were really light and dry and yet I soaked them last evening and the every evening recently. Well I think I did πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Sitting in the garden again now, still warm but slightly fresher and a slight breeze still a very odd damp spot.

Found home for the 2 surplus to requirements, butternut squash plants, all's right with my world for the mo.

no one replied on 03/06/2020 15:52

Posted on 03/06/2020 15:52

I was looking forward to some rain too, but apart from the ground being slightly damp first thing this morning, its been dry so far if a bit overcast and cooler. The rose bush has some new buds as the first 2 flowers are starting to lose petals.

A couple of bits came through the mail, a new Satnav for the MH, I went for the Aguri 720 with dashcam, quite impressed with it as it acts like tablet as well, also Tile key finders, another impressive gadget that you can ping with your phone to find lost keys or use the Tile to ping your phone if you lose that! works by Bluetooth but if out of range the app records last contact position of the Tile. hopefully won't lose the car keys again!

The new ignition switch turned up for my Royal Enfield as well, so used the lack of rain as an opportunity to fit it..All back up and running now, where has that sun gone, I need to take the Bullet for a cruise....

RedKite replied on 03/06/2020 16:28

Posted on 03/06/2020 16:28

Just had a thunderstorm here and 6.3mm of rain just what the ground needs, it did knock the electric out but soon restored, our friends who live near the Cele river had a huge storm on Monday evening and water running down their drive and garden at least all their water containers are all full and we only had about 1.3 mm rain then.

OH liked the motorbike rajohno used to have a BSA bantam and it ended up going to New Zealand and the man who bought it used to live in our village in Somerset many years ago.

Take care brue and hope you can get a test.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook