What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DavidKlyne replied on 21/01/2021 20:21

Posted on 21/01/2021 20:21

My next challenge is the Gibsons Map of the London Underground which has a white background, should be interesting. If nothing else I will be able to answer those questions on Pointless about lesser known underground stations!!!

David

Tammygirl replied on 21/01/2021 20:35

Posted on 21/01/2021 20:35

Got up to fog and another sprinkling of snow, not the big dump of snow forecast though it seems once again to have missed us.

Easy morning just pottering around the house doing 'bits'

OH has a zoom call every Tues and Thursday morning with the Men's shed, nice to see them all keeping in touch and planning what they are going to get up once they are all released from house arrest laughinglaughing

This afternoon we re-hung the door, or should I say OH did, I was just the door holder and screwdriver passer laughing

The sun came out early afternoon and it was lovely, so we went for a walk, a bit blowy but really nice in the sun. 

Haven't done a jigsaw for awhile, I think the worst one I ever did was of the night sky surprised mainly black but it had glow in the dark stars and planets. The baked bean one was fun and one of my DIL bought me a Cadburys one, it had all the makers rappers scattered across it, that was fun but made you want to eat chocolate all the time laughing

Watched the news earlier and saw all the flooding, terrible for those involved, hope everyone on here is safe and well.

nelliethehooker replied on 21/01/2021 20:46

Posted on 21/01/2021 20:21 by DavidKlyne

My next challenge is the Gibsons Map of the London Underground which has a white background, should be interesting. If nothing else I will be able to answer those questions on Pointless about lesser known underground stations!!!

David

Posted on 21/01/2021 20:46

You'll then know which stations are adjacent to Mornington Crescent!!

Takethedogalong replied on 21/01/2021 21:02

Posted on 21/01/2021 21:02

Hope you mend up quickly Goldie, stay away from A&E if you can😱

Interesting jigsaw talk. Sometimes you do find yourself walking away from one. I got two for Xmas. Done one, a 1700’s map of Yorkshire, really interesting. Second one is a Wentworth, Sis found it second hand. They are very good, but what a price new. This one is Old Whitby, so might start it this weekend.

Busy two days here, took Mum to Eye Clinic yesterday, all went well. They have moved the whole of our Opthalmology Dept from the District General, and it is now housed in what used to be our Walk In Centre. Much safer than going to Hospital. Yesterday was foul weather, although thankfully no where near as bad as some folks have had. Today however has been beautiful here. Had a lovely morning with Mum looking at some old stuff, lots of little notes, negatives, newspaper cuttings.

Chilling in front of fire now. Had an urge for chocolate, only to be told Xmas stash is up in attic🤷‍♀️ Two flights up. Decided I am not that desperate at the moment......🤔

robsail replied on 21/01/2021 21:22

Posted on 21/01/2021 21:22

Just had the 3rd snowplough round the street over the course day! There was 7inches of snow at our backdoor, 5 at the front! We are not in the wilds.

Had the text to say that jabs to be provided to those shielding by mid February. Both wife and son shielding so.........dunno if I am included as their carer!

nelliethehooker replied on 21/01/2021 21:49

Posted on 21/01/2021 21:22 by robsail

Just had the 3rd snowplough round the street over the course day! There was 7inches of snow at our backdoor, 5 at the front! We are not in the wilds.

Had the text to say that jabs to be provided to those shielding by mid February. Both wife and son shielding so.........dunno if I am included as their carer!

Posted on 21/01/2021 21:49

Hope you all get your jags together, robsail.

ABM replied on 21/01/2021 22:12

Posted on 21/01/2021 22:12

Snow cleared in Crewe -- indeed by the time I'd posted that it was here { 24 hours ago } it was more or less over wink.  but threats of more of everything 'orrid for sometime next week -- typically the crikit test v Sri Lanka starts tomorrow at about four in the morning { no singing puleese surprised } so all chance of  lazy mornings will be long gone when it  starts falling frown

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook