What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Rufs replied on 24/02/2021 14:21

Posted on 24/02/2021 14:21

Was day dreaming that i was on a ferry to France yesterday but when i came to it was only the IOW ferry undecided Spent the last 2 days also looking at UK sites as we have now binned our overthere tour.

I was surprised just how many sites have vacancies during May/June, looked mainly in the Tranquil sites web sites and adults only, have booked 1 of our old stopping grounds in Dorest for 2 weeks in May, and found what looks like a very nice site, just 17 pitches all fully svcd near Truro and at a cost which is cheaper than the club, and although you have to put down at deposit it is protected should we go into lock down again etc, really do hope we dont. So it really is a case of seek and ye shall find, cheered me up no end. laughing

Weather here gradually warming up, no need to have central heating on at full blast, walked the pooch this morning now looking at the caravan with a little more entusiasm re giving it a good clean.

Goldie146 replied on 24/02/2021 14:30

Posted on 24/02/2021 13:41 by Bakers2

Still feeling below par, but better than I was. Just feel exhausted and nauseous most of the time now.

Sent the dog to daycare yesterday! Think she enjoyed it, came home very tired and I did a few bits about home as no walks needed. Delighted to say mud drying nicely on the local estate today, managed 3 miles myself but that'll be it until I get dinner..

Glorious sun here, actually I'll go peg out the washing in a mo. Collected the lawnmower, new lead required after dog discovered it 😱. As I was back from dig walk, I'd overdressed phew, I've got a skirt and flipflops on 😀.

Your daughter's wedding sounds lovely Goldie, will it be in your local church? Despite not living at home at the time, I got married from home 😀. Hopefully it will all be ok. Are you doing the catering? Good to know that some folk still wear hats, both I and DIL mum did fascinators. In kiwi-land they don't do formal, so saved on hat but I had decent dress, again not expected.... Groom no jacket, daughter suggested OH needn't wear a suit, went down like a lead balloon 😱. He did, our son too, but he discarded jacket rather quickly before the outdoor ceremony. It was only 32c. It was still all lovely 😀

Posted on 24/02/2021 14:30

The wedding will be in a local hotel - both ceremony and reception. Only 25 of us I think. As the bride and groom to be are 50 ish we’ve had no hand in the planning. But we will be having a bit of a Do at home the next day, to include a few more extended family and friends. All have to do is clean up and make sure there’s a bed for whoever needs one.

brue replied on 24/02/2021 14:57

Posted on 24/02/2021 14:57

Apologies from me too Goldie, I misread home as home away somewhere. It all sounds very nice, lovely to have a family gathering!

We had a quick sprint around Montacute this morning, it's become our go to prison exercise yard over the last few months! (Could be worse.) Just a few more pics attached. I bought some home made scones from the take away cafe and we ate them at home. In better times we'd enjoy a coffee in the court yard.

Francis replied on 24/02/2021 15:10

Posted on 24/02/2021 15:10

We have now officially cancelled out

easter trip that we had booked for Yorkshire not completely unexpected but a shame. We still have plenty of other booking starting with a few days in Berwick in early May so hoping that one will still go ahead but will need to wait and see. Plan is though to move the caravan out over the next couple of weeks and give it a full clean the roof needs done so will start there and after the outside is done we will do a spring clean inside and take out things we don’t need. Just bought some Fenwicks Caravan clean which arrived today doesn’t anyone have any opinions on it good or bad it did seem to get a good review online so hoping it will be worth the money 

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2021 16:10

Posted on 24/02/2021 16:10

I use Fenwicks Francis. I seem quite happy with it. We've tried all sorts including the dry cleaning stuff.

Managed to get away with a fairly dry day despite the forecast being for rain all day. Had to cancel a few of our Scottish stops after the announcement yesterday so trying to activate a Plan B.

Managed to book a 4 night stay for all 3 of us in a cottage in the Peak District towards the end of April.  MiL has had her last 3 holidays cancelled due to the Covid restrictions so we feel it important to try and get her away.

ABM replied on 24/02/2021 16:25

Posted on 24/02/2021 16:25

Just come onto this thread, the piccies that Brue posted only appeared after I had read the posts by Francis and WN, so it seems like it aint speeding up at all. I will, therefore, assume that we are in for more of the Club's version of "Essential Maintenance " again tonight.

RedKite replied on 24/02/2021 17:46

Posted on 24/02/2021 17:46

Thanks for the memories brue we used to go there a lot when living in Somerset.

Well we have just made provisional booking for a cottage in the Cantal region of Auvergne for the 2nd week of June and looks like a lot to do in that area and should be warmer by June as that area can get snow in May, but looks good for wildlife as well, 1 of the pictures was the local Salers cows going pass gosh they have huge horns but their milk is used in the local cheeses mmm which we like.

A lovely sunny day here so did some gardening kneeling down as ankle still recovering, and it got quite warm this afternoon 23.5C phew but nice to sit out for afternoon tea and coffee but going to be a bit cloudier tomorrow.

milliehull replied on 24/02/2021 17:54

Posted on 24/02/2021 17:54

ABM I had the same problem's with brue's photos so the site is still running very slow probably because so many of us are trying to amend or make new bookings 😏. Lovely photos once they appeared brue.

I do hope you feel better soon bakers2. It must be miserable for you.

Goldie the planned wedding sounds lovely. Fingers crossed for you all that all goes ahead as planned.

I collected my new spectacles this morning but I am not sure they are making much difference. Hoping I will get the call for my cataract op before too long. We took ourselves off to a garden centre today (quite an adventure for us) and purchased a Japanese flowering cherry tree with vouchers we were given for Christmas. It has now been planted in a nice sheltered part of the garden where it will get plenty of sun.

RedKite replied on 24/02/2021 17:58

Posted on 24/02/2021 17:58

Just had confirmation of our holiday cottage booking Hooray.

Hope to get away in the caravan in May as there is a garden that I have wanted to visit for the last few years so hopefully this year.

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2021 18:36

Posted on 24/02/2021 18:36

We enjoyed the Auvergne when we had a holiday there one year RK staying on a campsite above the town of Murat. Remember coming across a very cross Charolais when on a walk. It had got separated from her calf in the next field and seemed to blame us. Fortunately we found a way out when her back was turned.

Agree with you about Cantal cheese as well and the weather can be cold at any time of year but the scenery is beautiful. Enjoy it when you get there.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook