What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 13/09/2021 11:05

Posted on 13/09/2021 11:05

Little incident that had us chuckling our last night at Marazion. Someone had organised a supermarket drop. Van drove onto Site, horrified visitor quickly asked van to turn around and go to one of footpaths into Site from surrounding road. Goods duly unloaded and portered all way across Site. 😂

Bakers2 replied on 13/09/2021 16:25

Posted on 13/09/2021 16:25

Very pleasant day here. Pottering around nothing strenuous. 

Lunch in the garden and the return of a sound I'd forgotten I missed over the last months. Children playing outside at break time. Wonderful to hear th ear squeals from a distance. Long may they continue.

50 minute hang on to speak to the GP receptionist, but got a non urgent chat today with GP, so on guarding the phone. Must have paid off to wait until after lunch.

Brown bin collection again this week and as a relax from listening to delighted canned music and your call is important to us I'm pruning shrubs, I'm not being quite as ruthless as I started off so it must be working. Might be worse after our discussion as I want to amend my meds, always difficult as they have  job believing I know my own body and my results are within the perramiters..... If only you could see we could see 😉 the same GP it would be easier. Maybe they could check back on my notes?!

Hope folks are enjoying their day.

Wherenext replied on 13/09/2021 16:59

Posted on 13/09/2021 16:59

Had a trouble free drive on Sunday down to our next CL. Waved passing Exeter site just in the case the Ttda's were in residence. Evidently not. No wonder we didn't see any waving back.smile

Wifi (and phone signal) very hit and miss on the CL. Seems fine at the moment hence the post. Had a walk into Tolpuddle yesterday after arriving. Why doesn't Tincleton stand on the River Piddle instead of on the River Frome? That would seem more logical to me.smile

Off "Up onto the Downs" today. Went to see Maiden Castle Iron Fort that stands above Dorchester. Mightily impressive. Then continued on a walk up onto the Ridge and back on a circular walk. Had to walk through about 200 Cows in a rather restricted field en route. Glad we didn't have any dogs with us.

Called into Dorchester as we hadn't been into the town before. Nice place. Had a coffee and bought some books and bits and pieces.

Hope one and all are well. Think we're heading to Radipole Lake and some birdwatching near Weymouth tomorrow.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/09/2021 21:32

Posted on 13/09/2021 16:59 by Wherenext

Had a trouble free drive on Sunday down to our next CL. Waved passing Exeter site just in the case the Ttda's were in residence. Evidently not. No wonder we didn't see any waving back.smile

Wifi (and phone signal) very hit and miss on the CL. Seems fine at the moment hence the post. Had a walk into Tolpuddle yesterday after arriving. Why doesn't Tincleton stand on the River Piddle instead of on the River Frome? That would seem more logical to me.smile

Off "Up onto the Downs" today. Went to see Maiden Castle Iron Fort that stands above Dorchester. Mightily impressive. Then continued on a walk up onto the Ridge and back on a circular walk. Had to walk through about 200 Cows in a rather restricted field en route. Glad we didn't have any dogs with us.

Called into Dorchester as we hadn't been into the town before. Nice place. Had a coffee and bought some books and bits and pieces.

Hope one and all are well. Think we're heading to Radipole Lake and some birdwatching near Weymouth tomorrow.

Posted on 13/09/2021 21:32

Caught you out WN😁 We left Exeter yesterday, we are near Chard now, so that’s why we didn’t wave back👍

Week Two’s disaster occurred today (following on from last week’s slam dunk in the surf at Gunwalloe🤣) Gorgeous day, warm and sunny, so he who is in charge of cycling sorted out a nice circular route from Site for us. All set up, eateries in backpacks, off we go. Up, and up, and up.......and a bit more up. Then down, down, very fast, more down. Then up again, down again, having a really great time. Got to our mid way point, just decided to stop at next village to have lunch.......ominous ker-twang from my bike, came to a dead stop. Problem with chain, keeps sticking. Just couldn’t free it, then it finally gave way altogether. So, I look at my “man what can”, expecting him to whisk out his chain mending tool. (I know he has one, it’s been used before🤔) Silence. No chain mending tool, and did I know we took the wrong route at the last turn? So, I am marooned nine mile from home, goodness knows where, and my soigneur has gone very quiet😂 Plan B. We walk up a very, very big hill, to a nice village called Hawkchurch, have our lunch, and I and my untrustworthy steed are left to have a look around the church, while soigneur rides on, fetches motorhome from Site and rescues me. Only took an hour, and we have found a bike shop for tomorrow😂 
Off further North tomorrow, via Haynes Motor Museum, Shaftesbury, across Salisbury Plain, and our next CL near Devizes. 👍

nelliethehooker replied on 13/09/2021 21:37

Posted on 12/09/2021 22:02 by Takethedogalong

Sounds good Nellie. We are on our CL tonight, nice easy run up here to Chard, via Axminster. We spent most of the day at Forde Abbey. Stunning gardens, one of the best we have visited for a long time. Abbey is interesting, you don’t get to see much of the interior, but the outside is beautiful, complimented by the gardens. CL is only 10 minutes drive away.

Posted on 13/09/2021 21:37

Forde Abbey is our list of places to visit when we get over to that part of the S West, tda, provided of course that it is still open by then. Haven't checked yet. Did you have to book or just turn up?

nelliethehooker replied on 13/09/2021 21:49

Posted on 13/09/2021 21:32 by Takethedogalong

Caught you out WN😁 We left Exeter yesterday, we are near Chard now, so that’s why we didn’t wave back👍

Week Two’s disaster occurred today (following on from last week’s slam dunk in the surf at Gunwalloe🤣) Gorgeous day, warm and sunny, so he who is in charge of cycling sorted out a nice circular route from Site for us. All set up, eateries in backpacks, off we go. Up, and up, and up.......and a bit more up. Then down, down, very fast, more down. Then up again, down again, having a really great time. Got to our mid way point, just decided to stop at next village to have lunch.......ominous ker-twang from my bike, came to a dead stop. Problem with chain, keeps sticking. Just couldn’t free it, then it finally gave way altogether. So, I look at my “man what can”, expecting him to whisk out his chain mending tool. (I know he has one, it’s been used before🤔) Silence. No chain mending tool, and did I know we took the wrong route at the last turn? So, I am marooned nine mile from home, goodness knows where, and my soigneur has gone very quiet😂 Plan B. We walk up a very, very big hill, to a nice village called Hawkchurch, have our lunch, and I and my untrustworthy steed are left to have a look around the church, while soigneur rides on, fetches motorhome from Site and rescues me. Only took an hour, and we have found a bike shop for tomorrow😂 
Off further North tomorrow, via Haynes Motor Museum, Shaftesbury, across Salisbury Plain, and our next CL near Devizes. 👍

Posted on 13/09/2021 21:49

You seem be having a few incidents this trip, to add to your previous tumble last time out, tda. Hope that 3 is the magic (tragic?) number and all goes swimmingly from now on. Take care. 

Raining now so glad that we got back early from our shopping trip and got the washing done and dried before it started. Hope that it has passed through by the morning although it will mean a damp walk out shortly.

Takethedogalong replied on 13/09/2021 22:07

Posted on 13/09/2021 21:37 by nelliethehooker

Forde Abbey is our list of places to visit when we get over to that part of the S West, tda, provided of course that it is still open by then. Haven't checked yet. Did you have to book or just turn up?

Posted on 13/09/2021 22:07

It’s open seven days at the moment, although I think some days are garden only. We just turned up, no pre booking. We ended up visiting on a Sunday, so a tad busier than usual, but it was fine. The gardens are wonderful, lots to see. HHA as well. Don’t miss the meadow flower spiral walk, absolutely stunning garden feature👏👏👏

DSB replied on 14/09/2021 07:38

Posted on 14/09/2021 07:38

Great to read about people's current plans and visits.

We are, at present at Englethwaite Hall CAMC site.  What a wonderful little site with really helpful site staff.  No toilet block here, but we are on a serviced pitch.  I can rarely get Internet using my bundled Internet from the phone, although I understand the 'site Internet' isn't much better.

I'll try and add some pictures a bit later on, when Internet can take it.  Hope all ae well.

David

Edit: photos added

JVB66 replied on 14/09/2021 08:36

Posted on 14/09/2021 08:36

A bit more than heavy rain than this morning ,we have had monsoon conditions since about 0700 ,our pond was over 8 inches below the lip yesterday (checked when clearing duck weed) it is now over flowing surprised and a very fast river running down the road and footpathsfrown

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook