What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 15/09/2021 11:28

Posted on 15/09/2021 11:28

We are off in October too RedKite, but due to offering up ourselves for the open studios event down here we have some busy days ahead. I'm taking a break to get the washing out, it's finally sunny and I don't want visitors to be grappling with sheets flapping in their faces. laughing 

Goldie what a handsome pair you make in your show outfits, the photos are great, the hats look good!

Takethedogalong replied on 15/09/2021 15:43

Posted on 14/09/2021 08:53 by cyberyacht

Would that be Court Farm, TDA? We were there couple of months ago. Had a meal at the Bridge Inn along the canal but apparently the Crown in the village is reckoned to be better.

Posted on 15/09/2021 15:43

It is indeed CY๐Ÿ˜ Thanks for reviewing it. We like it, arrived at dusk last night, it took some finding, but I think that was partly us coming into the village the wrong way. Set up at bottom of field now, on a bit of HS next to the canal. The views are stunning, up towards Avebury, great watching all the canal traffic. It’s a lovely day here today, OH has mended my bike, he’s off to take a look at Caen Hill Locks on his bike, the pooch and I are chilling out in the sunshine.

We had a good drive up from Somerset, via A303 mainly, not busy at all. Stopped off at Sparkford, Haynes Museum. Fabulous vehicles, really enjoyed it. We drove past Stonehenge, and to be honest, we were both very underwhelmed. Sure it’s got more of a “Wow Factor” close up, but we haven’t bothered to go back to take a look. We shall stop off at Avebury area instead. 

Brue,I waved as we went past turning for Montacute๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘‹

Tammygirl replied on 15/09/2021 17:09

Posted on 15/09/2021 17:09

After 3 days in the Alps we are now in Orange.

The Alps were beautifully stunning. Great weather, really hot during the day but cooler at night for sleeping.

We took a drive to Chamonix and past Mt Blanc  on the way down here, very impressed. Lots of snow still up on the mountain  and as you drive past you can see the glacier coming down the side, it almost touches the houses. 

We have come to a site that we have used before and usually very popular especially with the Dutch.  Not this year, we had the pick of pitches as the site was almost empty. Why the change? The site is not in ACSI for this year. What a difference it makes, price is up a few euros but nothing to much.

We have had a thunderstorm today with some showers on and off,  temps dropped a bit but its still clammy.

Moving on again tomorrow  to Agde area, we like it there, hope its not changed. Then we might work our way to Spain undecided still have 5 weeks left and as Redkite said forecast here in France is not great.

Francis replied on 15/09/2021 18:11

Posted on 15/09/2021 18:11

Glad to hear all those away are having a nice trip.

TDA - We visited the Haynes museum when we were down that way in July it was great we spent a whole day there some lovey cars we really enjoyed it .

Takethedogalong replied on 15/09/2021 19:08

Posted on 15/09/2021 17:09 by Tammygirl

After 3 days in the Alps we are now in Orange.

The Alps were beautifully stunning. Great weather, really hot during the day but cooler at night for sleeping.

We took a drive to Chamonix and past Mt Blanc  on the way down here, very impressed. Lots of snow still up on the mountain  and as you drive past you can see the glacier coming down the side, it almost touches the houses. 

We have come to a site that we have used before and usually very popular especially with the Dutch.  Not this year, we had the pick of pitches as the site was almost empty. Why the change? The site is not in ACSI for this year. What a difference it makes, price is up a few euros but nothing to much.

We have had a thunderstorm today with some showers on and off,  temps dropped a bit but its still clammy.

Moving on again tomorrow  to Agde area, we like it there, hope its not changed. Then we might work our way to Spain undecided still have 5 weeks left and as Redkite said forecast here in France is not great.

Posted on 15/09/2021 19:08

Glad you are having a good time Tammy, must be nice to get overseas again for you. Sounds an interesting trip.
Have enjoyed reading about the doings of others, we are on a no hook up Site, no wifi so limited postings, but good to see photos from others of holidays and events. I will try and post a few more of ours when I get chance.

Grand very basic CL this, possibly the most basic we have ever used, but we (literally) have acres of space, views are magnificent, and it’s so interesting just being on our chosen spot. (There are no pitches, you simply choose a few metres of space๐Ÿ˜‚) Canal is busy, we are right by a small wooden swing bridge, that allows a footpath to cross. Just had a Hercules transporter wheeling around overhead, kites and buzzards around. Lovely sunset at the moment......๐Ÿ˜

milliehull replied on 15/09/2021 19:50

Posted on 15/09/2021 19:50

Glad everyone away is having such a good time (apart from the odd mishap ๐Ÿ˜…). We have had a busy week as things are beginning to 'open up' so some of the various groups we belong to are up and running again. It's great to see people again, especially their new (longer) hairstyles. ๐Ÿ˜. We spent the weekend doing a lot of clearing out and cutting back in the garden which looks a lot better, especially after yesterday's heavy rain. Our water butts are now full again. Although we had a lot of rain it was no where near a bad as some areas thankfully. Today has been very pleasant with a lot of warm sunshine. We are off to the Norfolk coast for a few day at the end of the month.

Tammygirl replied on 15/09/2021 19:55

Posted on 15/09/2021 19:55

Cheers TDA, not sure I'm enjoying so much at this moment. We are having a horrendous thunderstorm been going on for the last hour.

Heavy rain to start with, that appears to have past now but the thunder and lightening are still bouncing around. We rarely get storms at home and when we do I love them. The fact that we live high above the river means there is no worry of flooding for us. Here is all flat not a hill in sight to run to ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ hope it stops soon, spoke to soon rain back on surprisedfrownfrown

Takethedogalong replied on 15/09/2021 20:00

Posted on 15/09/2021 20:00

I haven’t fallen in the canal(yet!) Millie๐Ÿ˜‚ Not sure what our garden will look like after 3 weeks away. Been red hot some days at home, and I expect the hedges will be in dire need of sorting. I have more plants to take home, dropped on a smashing roadside Musa Basjoo (Banana Palm) for sale on Lizard, small enough to over Winter indoors at the moment. MH bathroom looks like a Botanical garden when we are travelling๐Ÿ˜‚

Wherenext replied on 15/09/2021 20:18

Posted on 15/09/2021 20:18

Had a wonderful day today.

Cycled from Blandford Forum to Sturminster Newton and back in glorious weather through stunningly beautiful countryside of Dorset. Stopped off at Shillingstone Railway platform for a cuppa. There is a bit of restoration work going on there and we were lucky as the cafe is only open weekends and Wednesday.

On the way home we called in at Athelhampton House for an hour. Beautiful place. The Rose garden was smelling wonderful. Think we may get back there as it's close to the CL on Friday as Mrs WN has spotted a place or two that she feels needs drawing. Some photos, hopefully enclosed as wifi still not very good. Found a spot near the roof to Hotspot from. The cafe is very nice there too.laughing

Glad to hear of others travels and escapades. Looks like both Tammy and Ttda could do with some waterings soon.surprisedsmile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook