What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Wherenext replied on 15/09/2021 21:07

Posted on 15/09/2021 20:50 by Takethedogalong

That looks lovely WN. Is it Private, HHA or NT?

Posted on 15/09/2021 21:07

HHA Ttda. The staff were lovely today as well. It's not huge but has an interesting history. We might take in the house on Friday depending on what else we do.

Bakers2 replied on 15/09/2021 21:21

Posted on 15/09/2021 21:21

Wherenext I loved Athelhampton House and if I recall correctly the chuch opposite is now Greek Orthodox. Wonderful icons. Well worth a look if you get the chance.

I do hope my memory is correct, and I'd be glad if you can confirm 😉. Our motorhome diaries 'are packed' 🤣🤣. Not sure why now......

Actually yesterday I went out and bought some new bed linen and duvet, so much necessary spending has been on hold I bit the bullet. Washed it and am looking forward to sleeping under them tonight.

Delighted to read of others 'doings' lovely photos and some folks scrub up really well 😉 and hats setting outfits off 😀. Please keep the storms to yourselves I HATE them...... Our water butt's have not run dry at all this year, they did get low once. Can't remember them being like this before, usually we'll down by May onwards, often I fill from the water supply and allow to settle for potted plants rather than use the hose.

nelliethehooker replied on 15/09/2021 21:56

Posted on 15/09/2021 21:56

It has been a lovely warm sunny day after the early morning must had burnt off. Drove round Chew Valley Reservoir via Stanton Drew to visit the stone circles, which are not as impressive as anticipated, considering the largest of them is supposed to be the 3rd biggest in the country. Stopped off at Chew Stoke for a walk by the reservoir and at Herons Green to view the waterbirds. 

nelliethehooker replied on 15/09/2021 22:03

Posted on 15/09/2021 22:03

Sounds like folks are having a good time whilst away, NTH I remember doing a butterfly survey at Velvet Bottom reserve a few ago.

RK there were not many butterflies about  but we did see a large patch of these.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/09/2021 07:50

Posted on 16/09/2021 07:50

Welcome to the beautiful beginning of another Autumnal day-have a great one.

RedKite replied on 16/09/2021 09:01

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:01

NTH think the flower is autumn crocus as I have some yellow ones here. Great photo Rocky we got up to thick fog now slowly lifting thankfully overnight storm did not come our way.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 16/09/2021 09:22

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:01 by RedKite

NTH think the flower is autumn crocus as I have some yellow ones here. Great photo Rocky we got up to thick fog now slowly lifting thankfully overnight storm did not come our way.

Posted on 16/09/2021 09:22

Thanks RK, Mother Nature is being greedy with her weather I’m afraid, she’s not giving all the UK good weather just parts, a few days ago we had rain then mist(although that was nice) & the West coast had sun🤷🏻‍♂️

brue replied on 16/09/2021 14:23

Posted on 16/09/2021 14:23

It's the start of the cider apple season here, we've only got a few trees but they produce a lot. Ours got pruned last year but one of them, called Stoke Red, has gone into overdrive.

Someone gave us a couple of bottles of local Burrow Hill cider last weekend and we had some with a meal last night. Just a mixed one but it was nice. smile🍎

Goldie146 replied on 16/09/2021 16:13

Posted on 16/09/2021 16:13

Do any of you get Countryside magazine?

If so, you'll see a photo of our cows on the front cover, and an article about the way we farm, inside.

Or, you can read the article online,  and see some of the photos by clicking the link!

Countryside magazine

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook