What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

brue replied on 15/10/2021 16:03

Posted on 15/10/2021 16:03

Another nice day, won't like it too much when the temperature starts to drop. In Bristol today and was surprised to see nearly empty docks, usually filled with cars, vans and flat bed trucks etc. Haven't seen them so empty since the aftermath of the financial crash! 

Francis replied on 15/10/2021 18:29

Posted on 15/10/2021 18:29

WN - Yes you are right we left Chester this morning and are now at Blackpool. Glad the weather has been ok for you 

TDA - Yes I have actually been on the Old Trafford tour a couple of times and found it great and the museum was good too an enjoyable day out although it has been a few years since I done it so may be different. Now.

We left Chester Fairoaks club site this morning after a great 6 night break and made the 1 hour 20 minute tow up to Blackpool today M6 wasn’t busy so we got here just before 1. After we got set up we headed in to Clevelys so while SWMBO went round the shops I went a walk along the shore front then had a beer in the Dickens inn. Back at the van now site is very busy think we are heading in to Lytham tomorrow. Weather has been nice today so hoping for more of the same tomorrow 

JVB66 replied on 15/10/2021 19:09

Posted on 14/10/2021 08:58 by Wherenext

I've always found the Salvation Army will take items that some other charities wouldn't.

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:09

Thanks for that, ,I have found several charities will accept buggies ,at their main warehouses ,only ,if we live close enough they will collect or we can take it to them,  if to far for their pickup areas. ,,so it looks as if the next 5 site visits will entail a careful journy between each as the car will be "very loaded "surprised

Wherenext replied on 15/10/2021 19:20

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:20

Millie,

https://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk/north-norfolk-coast-cottages/holt/1854-the-old-print-shop

This lovely looking rental is opposite our current rental in Holt that I mentioned the other day.

I thought it might suit you. Unfortunately it only sleeps 2 so no good for us. Perfect location for the town and very quiet. We even had a Partridge in the drive yesterday morning!

It's always difficult starting up anew after touring so if I can help in any way give me a shout.

Wherenext replied on 15/10/2021 19:24

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:24

Glad you seem to have found a solution JVB.

Last day here so we drove to Wells for a long beach stroll in the sun. Cold wind from the north mind.

After lunch from the beach cafe we had a stroll around some of the grounds in Holkham Hall.

We've had a smashing week. MiL determined to live long enough for a return or so she threatens.๐Ÿ˜‚ One has to admire her spirit.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2021 20:06

Posted on 15/10/2021 20:06

We were in North Norfolk this time last year with my Mum WN. Always enjoy it there, beautiful countryside and coast. Quite unique. Glad you had a good time. Fingers crossed our trip with Mum goes as well.๐Ÿคž

We have been out for lunch today. Used a voucher a dear neice’s gave us at Christmas, lovely little shopping complex that includes a nice tea room, deli/farm shop, antiques stalls and a few other retail units. Great food, we sat outside in sunshine, then finished with a walk around a local nature reserve, so a nice afternoon. Weather looking changeable from tomorrow onwards, our day starts with early Flu jabs.

milliehull replied on 15/10/2021 20:27

Posted on 15/10/2021 19:20 by Wherenext

Millie,

https://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk/north-norfolk-coast-cottages/holt/1854-the-old-print-shop

This lovely looking rental is opposite our current rental in Holt that I mentioned the other day.

I thought it might suit you. Unfortunately it only sleeps 2 so no good for us. Perfect location for the town and very quiet. We even had a Partridge in the drive yesterday morning!

It's always difficult starting up anew after touring so if I can help in any way give me a shout.

Posted on 15/10/2021 20:27

Thank you WN. I will make a note  it looks great. Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

ABM replied on 15/10/2021 22:05

Posted on 15/10/2021 22:05

How very strange ~~ Brian gave the world and his wife every chance to have a giggle at his expense  and nobody bit  surprised !! I think some folks need an urgent Doctor's Appointment

nelliethehooker replied on 15/10/2021 22:12

Posted on 15/10/2021 22:12

Moved onto our next CL today, between Axminster and Seaton. Because of hold ups on the M5 around Exeter I followed the sign for Honiton A30 but they disappeared as we got into the city so did a circular tour of the student zone to get back on the right road.....a bit of fun with the van behind. Site is fine and I'll review it later after our stay.

Have a safe trip home, WN. Sounds as if you have had a good time in Norfolk.We

Glad to hear that you got to Blackpool safe and sound, Francis.

Nice day out with your mum, tda, glad you too bad good weather.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/10/2021 22:26

Posted on 15/10/2021 22:26

Enjoy Forde Abbey if you get there, we thought it was lovely๐Ÿ‘

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook