What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

RedKite replied on 17/10/2021 20:54

Posted on 17/10/2021 20:54

Gosh all this talk of Christmas food shopping far to early for us.

Had a lovely picnic lunch overlooking a lovely lake and superb warm weather then around a different area we have not been to before should have been a garden visit as last day today but no signage anywhere and it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere and google map on OH's phone could not find it so came back via another smaller lake and went for a walk around that before coming home and got half a mile from home in the middle of our village and the local Gendarmes (3) stopped us and they got confused as our car is UK but french reg so walked to OH's side then realised he was not driving so came around to my side to do breathalyser test a 1st for me all clear and said ok you can go, bet the local hunt were avoiding the village as it was afternoon after their long lunch.

Weather to warm up for next two days upto 26C then a sharp drop by 10 degrees and rain so will be gardening the next two days before the rain comes as have some plants to put in.

Happy birthday to Mrs.M tomorrow.

ABM replied on 17/10/2021 22:16

Posted on 17/10/2021 22:16

I hope that M cleans up his mess after caring for Mrs M on her twenty-somethingth Birthday !!

Its never good to head into the kitchen for a drink  only to discover all the pans and oven in need of scouring, and the sink full of  plates, cutlery etcetera  !

You Have Been Warned, M !!

Wherenext replied on 18/10/2021 18:37

Posted on 18/10/2021 18:37

Managed to get into Chester and get the bike sorted out so quite happy with the outcome.👍

I received our renewal terms for the Home Care cover from British Gas today. It's amazing that they can increase the premium by almost 15%. I decided to have a quick look on one of the comparison websites and lo and behold I could save myself over £100 and receive more cover, with, you've guessed it, British Gas. Same other terms as well. They do warn that next years premium will increase by about 10% but to be honest I would be quite happy with that this year. Ironically they ask you to ring if you want to discuss your renewal but when you do they state they are too busy answering emergencies calls. In other words they're probably understaffed.👎

I know that in January insurance companies will have to offer existing clients the same terms as new customers. 

ABM replied on 18/10/2021 19:08

Posted on 18/10/2021 19:08

WhooPee  !

Brian is a Happy A B M  --cos he got a letter from  D W P  in Belfast today informing a certain lucky  recipient that he will be getting  a Winter Fuel Payment of £ 200 no less ( Before the next fuel bill arrives too laughingwink  )  So I will be able to afford to toast my bread, not just wait for it to go stale  ~~ more  whoopees !!  wink

nelliethehooker replied on 18/10/2021 21:42

Posted on 18/10/2021 21:42

After countless days of fine weather this morning came as rather a shock. Thick mist and drizzle which by unchurched turned into quite persistent rain. Drove into Axminster to fill up with fuel, price here way above that at Penzance at 139:7, still needs must. Then headed up to the NT's car park at Lambert Castle Hill for a dampish walk around the hill fort. Down to Tesco for provisions before back to the van.

Good to hear that you got the bike fixed, WN, now to shift it!

ABM replied on 18/10/2021 21:54

Posted on 18/10/2021 21:54

All joking apart,  I do hope that Mrs M has, and still is, enjoying her BIRTHDAY & all the Celebrations that go with it 

DSB replied on 19/10/2021 12:17

Posted on 18/10/2021 19:08 by ABM

WhooPee  !

Brian is a Happy A B M  --cos he got a letter from  D W P  in Belfast today informing a certain lucky  recipient that he will be getting  a Winter Fuel Payment of £ 200 no less ( Before the next fuel bill arrives too laughingwink  )  So I will be able to afford to toast my bread, not just wait for it to go stale  ~~ more  whoopees !!  wink

Posted on 19/10/2021 12:17

Yes. I get the £200 too.  However, the down side (apart from the expected rise if gas & electric), is that when Carol becomes eligible, she gets £100 and my share goes down  to £100....  ☹☹.... (🤣)

David

DSB replied on 19/10/2021 12:25

Posted on 17/10/2021 17:50 by moulesy

Christmas! Christmas! It's Mrs M's birthday tomorrow and I have just had my carefully planned surprise (?) lunch booking cancelled. How am I going to start planning for Christmas? laughing

We are down in Cornwall for the week and it's been a gorgeous day today. After all these years of visiting we are still finding new walks to do. Today we parked at Flushing on the opposite side of the inlet from Falmouth. We walked up from the harbour front and then up again around a couple of freshly ploughed fields, down to Mylor Churchtown, which we have visited many times and then back along the coastal footpath to Flushing. Sat in warm sunshine for our lunch and a view of the little boats going back and forth. Very pleasant! smile

Now, any suggestions for lunch tomorrow? My continued good health may well depend on it! surprised

Posted on 19/10/2021 12:25

Happy birthday to Mrs M for yesterday.  To late for yesterday's lunch, but we've have a decent meal at the pup in Mithian (dog friendly too).  It's been a few years since we've been now (in fact, it's been a few years since we've been out to any pub!!!!) - but they were very accommodating when we went to celebrate Anna's 21st, a while back.

David 

moulesy replied on 19/10/2021 12:41

Posted on 19/10/2021 12:41

Thanks, David. Yes, we know The Miners Arms at Mithian, one of those great pubs that serves as a village hub, with a very well stocked shop. Also now on the Brit stop list.

We managed in the end to get a table at a new ( to us) place - the        C-bay bistro, overlooking Crantock beach. And very pleasant it was too. smile

Only spoilt by the fact that, on the way back, the clutch on the car decide to give up the ghost and we had to be rescued by Green Flag. frown Very efficient they were too, dropping us and the dogs back off on site before disappearing with the car to the nearest Peugeot garage, about 12 miles away at St Stephen. They are "having a look" at it today to decide what needs doing. Meanwhile we are car less,  and, possibly stranded down here for longer than expected, which won't be any great hardship!

Wherenext replied on 19/10/2021 14:18

Posted on 19/10/2021 12:17 by DSB

Yes. I get the £200 too.  However, the down side (apart from the expected rise if gas & electric), is that when Carol becomes eligible, she gets £100 and my share goes down  to £100....  ☹☹.... (🤣)

David

Posted on 19/10/2021 14:18

I'm in MiLs bad books David.

Due to her age she has been receiving a heating allowance of £300 but has just received a letter downgrading this to £200 as I become eligible this year for a £100 allowance. She's insisting I owe her £100.laughing

Just finished having a long discussion about loyalty on a call to British Gas about our renewal terms. He didn't know about the new law coming in soon levelling up offers to new and existing customers. Training? What training?

Anyway I'm mulling over his "revised" offer which still leaves me paying more than a new customer would. Mrs WN  just wants me to pay the new amount iwhich I suppose I shall, reluctantly.

Took MiL down for her Booster jab today.

Best of luck with the car Moiulesy.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook