What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

SteveL replied on 29/11/2021 12:43

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:28 by JVB66

That is what I also found out of date info,,frown

I feel a couple of Email letters to HMG and our local And or County councils coming onsurprised

I think as most people know where the local pharmacy is I think would not be a bad place to have one with 24hr access outside as one known placewink

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:43

Our nearest one is on the outside of the fire station, that we still have in the village, despite lots of closures. Well worth going on the refresher course at the local surgery for CPR, that now includes instruction and practice with a defibrillator. Trouble is they probably aren’t running them at the moment, I used to regularly get texts about them, but not recently.

replied on 29/11/2021 13:07

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:43 by SteveL

Our nearest one is on the outside of the fire station, that we still have in the village, despite lots of closures. Well worth going on the refresher course at the local surgery for CPR, that now includes instruction and practice with a defibrillator. Trouble is they probably aren’t running them at the moment, I used to regularly get texts about them, but not recently.

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rufs replied on 29/11/2021 13:22

Posted on 29/11/2021 12:15 by Takethedogalong

Deadly stuff. I loathe cutting our holly hedge back😁 

Pup won’t touch holly more than once trust me! Our Airedale pups would sit fascinated watching me me put plants in, moment I turned my back they were in the little blighters. “Look Mum, we made you three plants and a big hole” I do miss them though🥰 Labradors just blunder around crushing things😂

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:22

Off to cut some holly, our pup is spaniel lab cross and you think you had problems, made himself at home on our bed now, and just looks down his nose at you when you tell him to get off, but really glad we took him on, has his plus points, fully house trained at 10 weeks, and thus far only destroyed a corner of a bed base, and I am doing twice as much walking, so keeping the pounds down laughing, was considering trying to train him to run along side my bike, but i think that could be a bit ambitious and dangerous.

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2021 13:22

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:07 by

We have 2 reasonably close, one at a late shop and another at the post office.However I wouldnt know how to access them let alone use one.

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:22

If they are registered, ,the 999call handlers have the access codes which  I understand you will be given, when you ring them

Takethedogalong replied on 29/11/2021 13:27

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:27

It’s simple AD. There will be a phone number to call, a location code to give and then you will be given the lock code if it’s a public located one. The shop will probably just hand it to you. Well worth knowing, and they are simple to use, real life savers. They won’t work if you do something wrong, but instructions are simple. I bet you had to have First Aid as part of your job though?

Having watched the person I love most in the world have a heart attack, totally out of the blue, it’s something I take notice of. I am fairly confident I could still do CPR as well if needed, but I’d rather not. I am still “nellie the elephant” rather than Bee Gees “Staying Alive” (I hope that makes sense to a good few👍)

Takethedogalong replied on 29/11/2021 13:33

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:22 by Rufs

Off to cut some holly, our pup is spaniel lab cross and you think you had problems, made himself at home on our bed now, and just looks down his nose at you when you tell him to get off, but really glad we took him on, has his plus points, fully house trained at 10 weeks, and thus far only destroyed a corner of a bed base, and I am doing twice as much walking, so keeping the pounds down laughing, was considering trying to train him to run along side my bike, but i think that could be a bit ambitious and dangerous.

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:33

He’s a lovely looking pup😁 Be careful with the bike thing. We tried it with our at the time very fit Lab. nearly killed him. Some breeds are just too heavy, wrong conformation to run constantly. Gun dogs tend to do short fast bursts rather than sustained Dalmatian trotting.

Airedale enjoying a four poster! We finally caught him out🤣

replied on 29/11/2021 13:57

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:27 by Takethedogalong

It’s simple AD. There will be a phone number to call, a location code to give and then you will be given the lock code if it’s a public located one. The shop will probably just hand it to you. Well worth knowing, and they are simple to use, real life savers. They won’t work if you do something wrong, but instructions are simple. I bet you had to have First Aid as part of your job though?

Having watched the person I love most in the world have a heart attack, totally out of the blue, it’s something I take notice of. I am fairly confident I could still do CPR as well if needed, but I’d rather not. I am still “nellie the elephant” rather than Bee Gees “Staying Alive” (I hope that makes sense to a good few👍)

Posted on 29/11/2021 13:57

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

RedKite replied on 29/11/2021 14:02

Posted on 29/11/2021 14:02

We have a defib next to a small library and opposite the local war memorial I think most villages have have them here, did say to OH wondered how many folk would know how to use them we have in the past both had training for them.

Had a sprinkle of snow am after a very sharp frost then clouded over hence the snow now nearly all gone and the sun has come out  a very mixed day for weather.

Great photo Rufs and like TDA's  on a four poster, we know that look Rufs when we had two Springers.

Catching up on a few chores inside as plans for outside cancelled due to weather.

Wherenext replied on 29/11/2021 14:04

Posted on 29/11/2021 14:04

Our defibrillator is on the wall at the Village Hall. A 2 minute run around the corner for me and probably 3 minutes back. Might need the thing as well after that.

A trip to the tip this morning to get rid of 10 bags worth of leaves. Would have had more except for the weather closing in. Something to be done in the next day or two.

Sorting out some photos that have been sent to me by my cousin of my mother and fathers wedding day. My nephew is getting married next year and the parents of the two betrothed are planning to embarrass the poor youngsters with photos and ancestral charts of their forebears. So I was commissioned to try and track down old photos if possible. Must admit to being surprised at how handsome a young man my Grandfather was as I only ever saw the same photos many years later when a hard working life had taken its toll. He died before I was born unfortunately. There's a striking resemblance to my younger brother in him The elderly female relatives all look like they are held together with that wonderful innovation, the Corset. laughing

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook