What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

richardandros replied on 30/11/2021 07:21

Posted on 29/11/2021 18:37 by JVB66

With the ambulance service being overstretched at this time ,with so many having to wait at hospital A&Es as they do not have spaces either 

A defribrilator is almost getting to be part of the household First aid kit,surprised

Posted on 30/11/2021 07:21

I'm inclined to agree with your last comment JVB - about the same cost as a high-end laptop!

Cornersteady replied on 30/11/2021 09:17

Posted on 30/11/2021 09:17

The snow from Sunday has all gone today at most levels and it's a warm 10C. The roads were all clear yesterday and some lovely scenery and I've never seen places so empty. Still having a great time though. Have to prepare for Mrs C bug birthday tomorrowsmile

Takethedogalong replied on 30/11/2021 12:01

Posted on 30/11/2021 12:01

Nice Land Rover C👍 We are hoping Northumberland is the same. Empty but open. We have a few things planned, but nowhere with lots of folks. Have a nice birthday time👍

brue replied on 30/11/2021 12:27

Posted on 30/11/2021 12:27

Ambleside looks a bit chilly but nice to be around there Corners, hope your OH has a good birthday!

Just finished putting up the "illuminations"  and OH is busy with a chainsaw, too many piles of wood waiting to be cut.

Hope you enjoy Northumberland TDA. I've just tried to book a site on the Tweed next year and all the dates seem to be booked....having a re-think now.

Francis replied on 30/11/2021 13:33

Posted on 30/11/2021 13:33

Had a busy day yesterday up and away early to Glasgow to on the train to collect the Volvo from the garage that’s another £500 spend but hopefully that’s the issue fixed now and it doesn’t give us any more trouble for a while it’s a car we really like so have decided to keep it a bit longer hopefully we get next season out of it and maybe a bit more fingers crossed. Despite being on the west coast we seem to have escaped the worst of the storms it was just a bit breezy over the weekend but not too bad and no snow thankfully although being right on the coast we tend not to get much snow. Planning to go away in the van at the weekend just somewhere local but will wait and see the forecast first before deciding. 

Francis replied on 30/11/2021 13:35

Posted on 30/11/2021 13:35

Regarding Christmas decks we haven’t put any up in the house yet but SWMBO and granddaughter put some lights up in our back garden and summer house at the weekend

Happy Birthday to Mrs Corners 

Rufs replied on 30/11/2021 13:56

Posted on 30/11/2021 13:35 by Francis

Regarding Christmas decks we haven’t put any up in the house yet but SWMBO and granddaughter put some lights up in our back garden and summer house at the weekend

Happy Birthday to Mrs Corners 

Posted on 30/11/2021 13:56

We were not planning to put many up Decorations indoors as we planned to have Christmas day and boxing day at our 2 daughters houses,  just a tree and the usual Welcome lights which are now burning brightly, however, Spanish daughter does not finish school until the 22nd Dec so will not arrive at Gatwick until the 23rd Dec, and will then have to self isolate until the results of the now mandatory PCR tests are returned, and who knows when that will be, guess most of the Labs will only be working with reduced staff, if at all xmas/boxing day, so it will be everybody round our place, well the rules say you only need to self isolate for 10 days if you have been in contact with somebody proving positive for Omicron, for anything else only if you have symptoms, and more than likely we will not have any result until after boxing day undecided. I know the govenment has to make a stand somewhere, but there do seem to be lots of holes in these testing regimes,

last trip daughter paid for 5 day quick release tests but had to go into the nearest Boots store to take the test and her 2nd day PCR test results had not been received so she could have been walking around positive, she wasnt, but we did not know that.  undecided

Wherenext replied on 30/11/2021 15:41

Posted on 30/11/2021 15:41

Was that a freudian slip Corners? If not then Happy BUG day to Mrs C. Get the Lemsip in. Don't forget to gift wrap it. Got anything fancy arranged?

Went to pick up our new e-bikes today. As we were in the car Mrs WN decided we needed to make a detour via M&S outlet village store for essential underwear. Significant to notice almost everyone wearing a mask today whereas 2 weeks ago almost nobody was.

Then onto the bike shop where 2 new bikes awaited us, all ship shape. Except one of them wasn't the correct model! They hadn't noticed that the wrong model had been packed incorrectly at source. So we came home with 1 bike (Mrs.WN) and the other is being fetched from one of their other stores this week hopefully. However, good news though that this one will be the colour I originally wanted plus they are throwing in a consul that only comes with the higher spec models free of charge for both bikes. We'll try to get away in the caravan for a few days in the next week or so to try them out.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2021 21:52

Posted on 30/11/2021 21:52

Hope your new bike arrives next week to allow to get away for a few days, WN. Good of the suppliers to up the extras headshot the inconvenience to you.

Birthday greetings to Mrs CS for tomorrow, hope the rain has passed though and you can have a lovely day out.lo

Took Flyte to the vets this morning for a further check on his eye. She was  happy with the improvement but he has to continue with his drops for a few weeks before she'll be able to fully assess the extent of any potential damage to his eye. Then, after a walk, it was time for my visit to the Dental Hygienist, and that went ok too. It has stayed reasonably dry for most of the day but it is pouring down now, so it looks like a wet final walk out soon.😞

triky auto replied on 30/11/2021 22:34

Posted on 30/11/2021 22:34

cool WELL, !!! after a most annoying double booking 'cock-up' on my usual escape at Xmas to the I.o.W ,and a disagreeable discussion regarding alternative location on site ,undecided,i have booked " Blackhorse Farm" instead !! SO,,,so less travel,,less diesel,,four days instead of ten. Local eateries instead ,like " The Jackdaw" and the B/H pub.etc .Only goes to prove you must be versatile ??wink.I'm surviving !! tongue-out.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook