What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2022 15:25

Posted on 03/08/2022 14:33 by Wherenext

Did whoever ?Wherenext, sort out a decent hosepipe? I'm in the market for one. Our non kink, it always has 🤐, now folds itself over . Most infuriating....... Or can anyone recommend one please.

Hi Bakers, it arrived late this morning! Ordered it online from D.W.Tool Shop who turned out cheapest. Just an ordinary Hozelock but with a 50 metres hose, in order to have enough to do the caravan around the corner. You can get smaller lengths. Took 2 working days to come. Good quality hose as well.

Will give it a spin later tonight.

Posted on 03/08/2022 15:25

Thank you. I look forward to reading your review when you've test driven it.

Oh yes length - I'll have to measure distance from tap to end of front garden and greenhouse. Good job you mentioned that cos I wouldn't have thought about it until I got on the website page. 

Still 27 not as humid now but thevclouds have allowed the sun through so hot!

Francis replied on 03/08/2022 18:04

Posted on 03/08/2022 18:04

Been a quiet few days here since we got back from holiday. Weather not been great been wet and breezy the last couple of days. Booked a week away for September at Richmond Hargill House club site we’ve not been there before so any suggestions would be welcome 

heddlo replied on 03/08/2022 18:51

Posted on 03/08/2022 18:51

A quiet day for us having had a week in Hertfordshire, looking after son and family’s dog and granddaughter although, at 14, she was quite happy doing her own thing.  We will have the dog here for 2 weeks in 10 days time so it was handy to get to know him again and get used to the ‘manic - ness’!!  We will need a holiday after that I think, although we probably won’t be going to our local Club site after receiving this email today ………..

Dear Mr ********, 

As you've stayed at York Beechwood Grange Club Campsite before with us, we wanted you to be the first to know there's still some last minute availability. Get away for less this summer with 3 nights for just £146.40^ and make new memories.

We laughed at the JUST !!!!!!   Now we know why we use CL’s where we can. 

Takethedogalong replied on 03/08/2022 20:22

Posted on 03/08/2022 18:04 by Francis

Been a quiet few days here since we got back from holiday. Weather not been great been wet and breezy the last couple of days. Booked a week away for September at Richmond Hargill House club site we’ve not been there before so any suggestions would be welcome 

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:22

Further along A66 is brilliant Farm Shop, Mainsgill. Look out for the Bactrian Camels, and other less unusual farm animals. Then you have Raby Castle and Gardens, and the very interesting church at Staindrop not far away.

Barnard Castle is a nice town, interesting castle in town centre, with a walk along the Tees, plenty of nice shops, and just out of town is the Bowes Museum. You will pass close by to Edlingham Abbey to get to BC. A little further along A66 is Bowes Castle itself, with the Roman ruins alongside.

Fed up with ancient history? Scenic drive up Teesdale and Weardale for some fabulous, occasionally bleak scenery and all the Lead Mining history.

Richmond itself is lovely. Castle, Regimental Museum, River walks, some nice shops, good pubs (can recommend Black Lion for meals).

You won’t be stuck for things to do in this area, no matter what the weather does, we know and love it very well, rarely a year passes where we don’t stay or pass through. Hope you have a lovely time😁

Tammygirl replied on 03/08/2022 20:26

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:26

No warmth or sun here, dull windy and cool. We have had a couple of days of rain on and off so the garden isn't to bad. The grass is still more brown than green.

Been busy in the garden digging up heathers that have got to big and woody. Like WN I also have an out of control Hebe which has now had a good haircut, I also took cuttings to grow some more. Split up a couple of Heuchera's and replanted in another area, replanted some daffodil bulbs that got dug up while removing the heathers. Had to chop down a Clematis Montana which was also out of control, need to dig up and move but its a good big plant.

Tow car had its MOT,  oil and filter change today, wallet a good bit lighter. Caravan insurance also renewed, tried the CAMC but at £100 more than Saga (who we were with) and £200 more than Adrian Flux (who we are now with) we decided not to bother. I also renewed our holiday insurance, that hasn't changed since last year smile its been an expensive month so far and we are only 3 days in.

Takethedogalong replied on 03/08/2022 20:35

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:35

What a week😱 Everything going well for OHs recovery, last Weds got a call from sister, she had possibly broken her ankle. Nine hours in A&E, X-ray, thankfully no break, but very bad sprain. Got to stay off it for next two weeks. So that left me looking after OH, sister and my Mum, and our less than mobile elderly pooch😱 Talk about a full day, every day. And then OH and I threw in a delightful bout of food poisoning Saturday/Sunday which I got over reasonably well, but OH is still struggling, his immunity is so compromised at the moment. 

I definitely need a holiday😁

Francis replied on 03/08/2022 20:38

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:38

Thanks for that info TDA. Will do a bit of research on your suggestions we have visited Barnard Castle a few times while stopping over at the club site there but we fancied a change which is why we booked Richmond. Thanks again 

Wherenext replied on 03/08/2022 20:41

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:41

Francis we enjoyed our trip to the Richmond area but we had to restrict ourselves bit to take into account my aged MiL. Still got to loads of places.

Plenty of historical sites as Ttda alluded to. They also include Bolton Castle which might appeal to you as they do a Falconry display which was very entertaining and an archery one in the afternoon. Good job for the birds they don't do them at the same time!laughing

You might be interested in the following

https://wensleydale-railway.co.uk

There is parking in the market square in Richmond if you go in there. A bit chaotic but it seems to work.

Plus, as the club site is a bit north of Richmond you might fancy the following as well.

https://www.11arches.com/kynren

Enjoy your trip when you go.

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2022 21:15

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:35 by Takethedogalong

What a week😱 Everything going well for OHs recovery, last Weds got a call from sister, she had possibly broken her ankle. Nine hours in A&E, X-ray, thankfully no break, but very bad sprain. Got to stay off it for next two weeks. So that left me looking after OH, sister and my Mum, and our less than mobile elderly pooch😱 Talk about a full day, every day. And then OH and I threw in a delightful bout of food poisoning Saturday/Sunday which I got over reasonably well, but OH is still struggling, his immunity is so compromised at the moment. 

Posted on 03/08/2022 21:15

Oh takethedogalong it never rains but it pours!

Wishing you all speedy recoveries and you the energy and sanity to cope

Bakers2 replied on 03/08/2022 21:17

Posted on 03/08/2022 20:35 by Takethedogalong

Posted on 03/08/2022 21:17

It never rains but it pours!

Wishing you all speedy recoveries and you the energy and sanity to cope.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook