What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 15:49

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:35 by Goldie146

Sorry - no. We've never been to Clumber.

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:49

Its just I can remember having a Farming family from either Cumberland or Westmoreland next to us for a fortnight and we had a great time and good company 

milliehull replied on 25/02/2017 15:59

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:41 by Goldie146

I've been looking back for a photo of our awning in use. Seeing this one from 2015 makes the thought of summer and getting away very desirable.

It was a perfect hot sunny week at New England Bay and as you see we cooked outside. All the stuff outside (apart from the barbecue) fitted in the awning. I think that was Beef Stroganoff in the making.

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:59

Hopefully it won't be too long before we get lovely weather again Goldie and we can all get our BBQs out. cool

milliehull replied on 25/02/2017 16:06

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:06

We had a really great meet up with Helen and Trevor this morning. Lovely to meet them and their lovely dog. We had a very enjoyable walk round the lakes followed by a coffee and got back just before the rain arrived. A lovely way to spend a Saturday morning.smile

Takethedogalong replied on 25/02/2017 16:15

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:15

It's just the Club to me, was, is and shall be. Only Club I am a member of, and that is mainly for the CLs.

Mind you, I still call most of the renamed sites by their old names as well.  My bank is just, the Bank. Work was just, work. 

I only name things of great importance and value.

I wouldn't say I am in the Club to strangers though! wink

Incidentally, will Red Pennant henceforth be known as Brown Squiggle? 

JVB66 replied on 25/02/2017 16:28

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:15 by Takethedogalong

It's just the Club to me, was, is and shall be. Only Club I am a member of, and that is mainly for the CLs.

Mind you, I still call most of the renamed sites by their old names as well.  My bank is just, the Bank. Work was just, work. 

I only name things of great importance and value.

I wouldn't say I am in the Club to strangers though! wink

Incidentally, will Red Pennant henceforth be known as Brown Squiggle? 

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:28

Unless meeting on a CLwink

replied on 25/02/2017 16:42

Posted on 25/02/2017 15:41 by Goldie146

I've been looking back for a photo of our awning in use. Seeing this one from 2015 makes the thought of summer and getting away very desirable.

It was a perfect hot sunny week at New England Bay and as you see we cooked outside. All the stuff outside (apart from the barbecue) fitted in the awning. I think that was Beef Stroganoff in the making.

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:42

We will be looking for an inflatable that is large enough for cooking as well as seating. Even in the winter, my wife insists on doing all the cooking in the awning. The advantage being that you don't have the lingering smell of cooking in the van. The caravan kitchen is just used for making cups of tea or coffee or microwave meals.

We were thinking of buying one at the National in Sandringham. Hopefully, there'll be a stand of awning displays there so that we can see what they look like erected. Then we'll be able to choose one that will have adequate space inside.

SteveL replied on 25/02/2017 16:50

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:42 by

We will be looking for an inflatable that is large enough for cooking as well as seating. Even in the winter, my wife insists on doing all the cooking in the awning. The advantage being that you don't have the lingering smell of cooking in the van. The caravan kitchen is just used for making cups of tea or coffee or microwave meals.

We were thinking of buying one at the National in Sandringham. Hopefully, there'll be a stand of awning displays there so that we can see what they look like erected. Then we'll be able to choose one that will have adequate space inside.

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:50

Just a thought Malcom, how good are they at extended use. Yours is deployed most of the year. Given how expensive they are it might be worth making enquiries.

The Ovaltineys replied on 25/02/2017 16:59

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:59

Even in the winter, my wife insists on doing all the cooking in the awning.

Malc,  do you have the awning heater on for her?  laughing

brue replied on 25/02/2017 17:00

Posted on 25/02/2017 16:06 by milliehull

We had a really great meet up with Helen and Trevor this morning. Lovely to meet them and their lovely dog. We had a very enjoyable walk round the lakes followed by a coffee and got back just before the rain arrived. A lovely way to spend a Saturday morning.smile

Posted on 25/02/2017 17:00

Glad to hear you got together! 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook